Hello all; Good Luck and Fortune to'ya.

I am hoping Vindi Vets and DPS Vets add some of their wisdom on top of this, and please  take the liberty to correct anything as they see prudent. I fell in love with WTM culture of newbro friendly, ISK faucets of fun: I started this thread to remark on some of the things i picked up and allow info to be spread to newbro's (including me'self)

•   As DPS, whether your in an Optimal Ship, or a Starter: remember the fleet counts on us: being efficient in removing dangerous DPS tags from the field, as We are the Sword of the fleet. Our DPS targets are chosen with Wisdom behind it. The faster we Pop the Sansha, the faster our fleet will be in a safer state.  I hope to stay on topic by sticking to Maneuvering, Web calls, and general info

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Maneuvering -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•  The VVV Anchor should always be on  your watchlist, easy right? But what happens when FC calls tag 1+2 outini/auga/deltole and you have no anchor in the pocket? BURN BABY BURN! 'Keep At Range' on the primary/Tag1 (Turn on your MWD)  You do not need to be attached by the hip especially at the beggining of a room (*exeption TCRC) remember almost all FC's want Focus fire 1-X so you will generally be in the same place as the anchor anyhow.
  • As a Blaster ship, you must get close to the enemy Sansha to hit them effectively. So in every beggining of each room, You should be anchoring(K.A.R) on your DPS Tags. This insures optimal range, and maximum potential damage application. **Pay attention to how many DPS tags are left, as you Should be Keeping at Range on your VVV-Anchor when DPS tags are low, or when FC calls for DPS burn to anchor spots* 

This applies in 1st rooms where the sancha are already on field, tags are up, and DPS is warping in: What I do 1st (example TPPH turn left go fast) i am spam  'E+Click' on tag 1 and as soon as i see warp meter ~40% i hit my MWD to start the burn.  Then start locking your tags, i find im already hitting max speed just as the rest of the tags come in -Just remember the closing rate is fast! don't Bump nor overshoot your target (~20k out kill your MWD)  and keep spamming that keep at range so you do not 'bump the targets'  If your not still burnin' you can actually start to "keep at range"(E+click) to Tag 2, IF T2 is within 10k and IF Tag one(T1) is webbed.. this will help you apply more dps to T1 as you slowboat to T2(tag two) Get familliar with the Keep at range mechanic, as you get more experienced you'll notice how to apply more efficient DPS, and help the fleet and you make more ISK/hr as well as BE safer. - Eve University has a great thread on Transversals, angular velocity, and general gun dynamics, as a blaster you could benefit greatly from checking it out <https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Turret_mechanics>

--------- Sliding: aka "Using Momentum"-------

So: In reference to landing in a pocket (aka Taking a Gate with FC's authorization)

avoiding painful Mathimatical Calculations, what if i told you, that there is a way to use the warp speed you had  to burn towards Sansha after you take an accelleration gate? Im not kiting you, it is possible.

As you play, start to pay attention to your velocity Bar, especially while beginning to warping/ landing from warping. After awhile, you'll notice that the "Warp Bar" (The velocity bar that has WARPING shown across) enters warp at a certain point, (75%-90%) and exits warp, at about (40%) 

(Thats why we have you aligning full speed to quicken the warp) and although thats usuful, Im focusing on Landing from warp. 

*  Id suggest to you to pay attention to when your ship Exits 'WARPING' (Aproximately 40% ) you'll notice it switches from saying "Warping" to the regular display (100m/s for example) ** This is the exact server tick/time that your ship is free to Move/aproach/keep at range, activate modules, lock targets, recieve links etc. if you desire it.

And i would say you do! Why?? Because it allows you to carry that momentum! It is a lot easier for your ship to Burn to Max velocity from 100m/s vrs  from a dead standstill. You "slide" from out of warp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Webs-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Precall webs always. Every Situation
  • 2 webs are needed when Sansha start their burn. Remember, you can limp away with 1 kneecap, if you lose 2 kneecaps? "You're goin' NoWheahr'!"
  • In TPPH's, NRF's - when you Land&Slide, call Your Webs! You have all that time to burn towards them, so VVV will probably web tag_1, there are all the others out there, So call them! this will give plenty of time for your fellow pilots to grab the rest. So break the sansha's kneecaps and start shooting em in the face, the rest of the DPS train will come along following 1-> X, and they shall not have to travel far because you webbed that sansha down. [<3 Imelda <3]
  • Webs help the whole fleet, especially DPS squad; in the pre-spawned pockets,  down to when your VVV brings you to the next spawn, you want as many DPS targets webbed down as possible.  - don't call webs after you web them imho    -i would suggest precalling webs, it allows your fellow DPS to not waste time switching web targets wasting precious cooldown seconds. Be aware and know what will be in web range, and what will not. If your gonna lose a web on something, call it. WTM culture will not mind if you were mistaken, if you call "6 got away" it may allow another dps to try and catch it. Foshkey wrote an excellent article that includes pictures) regarding BS that need webs that are doing 100m/s or more. Dont forget if BS are webbed, go for them cruisers (Rommi's usually) as well, and help the HHH out.  
  • Remember when the FC calls for 'DPS burn your anchor spots' turn your MWD on and keep at range on your anchor (Be aware not to bump any objects (Tower, Rocks, etc), the fleet and your VVV needs Your blasters and webs ready and in range for the next wave.* again Spread those webs! Precall, and if there are no tags yet, STILL WEB. You can coordinate what you have webbed when the tag numbers appear.
  • If you have a tag that is just outside web range, remember you can -Overheat your web- to reach out and stop them (To Sansha: "whear you Goin'?!!")  And if your K.A.R on that one trying to get away, you should be within standard web range within 1-2 overheat cycles (so you dont damage your Mid slots too much)
  • Remember to be shootin' some'thin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tips-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                             

• Unlock Tag J  if FC/LM calls one on the field, make sure you are not shooting it.
  • Vylaids DONT NEED WEBS (Fiona helped me know that) as the Vylaid has no Propulsion module. Put that web to good use on some'thin else
  • If you are HHH: and Vylaide is your Primary: 1 web on Vylaid will help Heavy Drones apply damage bettah
  • While your webbing, remember to keep focus fire on your DPS Tags 1-X  
  • Don't chase after Trigger Tags (tag 9's OR tag Z's (TPPH last room))when the rest of the dps targets are killed. You should be K.A.R on your anchor when there are 2-3dps tags left. 
  • Remember Shoot in order. In a TPPH Final Room, Tag 9's Or Z's Ostingales are the Trigger for the next wave. It is important that tags before the trigger are killed first. * If the final Osti's are killed before the rest, there is a good chance You and your Fellow DPS members will not be waiting in ambush for the Next Wave spawn.
  • ---Split your Guns 4/4 and stagger them, you will not regret it. You will apply more DPS, get armor shots without trying, and not waste volleys when Sansha's Pop. You can do this by holding shift, and dragging and dropping your gun group modules to the next module slot. It will start 7/1 and the next it will be 6/2. Get it to 4/4 and you will notice a difference. And dont worrie! You can always regroup them on tower bashes if you like seeing full damage ;]
  • Precall Your Webs
  • Remember to shut your MWD off when you are done manuevering.
  • Tactical Overlay Helps me out in maneuvering around the field the Default hotkey is (Ctrl-D)  You can also find a Press-button Bottom left of your Capacitor GUI. -- then use HoldQ+LClick, (1st Lclick is direction, second LeftClick is elevation.)
  • Keep and mind: listen to your FC! If the FC calls full fleet Arnons + Outini, or DPS Auga Outini Deltole Start locking them! When FC calls primaries : lock the primaries and then lock the rest of your DPS tags when the numbers arive.
  • Remember to keep focusing fire. Just be aware if you accidentally lock a sniper target to Unlock them. You want to help your DPS squad crush your targets.
  • Hotkey for Unlocking a target (CTL+SHIFT : CLICK)
  • No worries about burning to final tag when there is another spawn to come, as it is much more important to be in position for the next wave/Room. (Except the end of the NRF)
  • Your 2 types of ammo will almost always be Long Range (NULL/Faction Tungston, or Short range(VOID/Faction Antimatter. Try to pay attention to how far your targets will be, and Load the Appropriate ammo for the Task at hand. Remember it takes 5 seconds to reload
  • *Niki's simple ammo change rule: " i always tell ppl with blasters:
    -if its more than 15 km away, change to long range
    -if its less than 10 km away, change to short range (hopefully this will be the case most of the times)
    -if its between 10 and 15 km just keep shooting with whatever you have loaded currently.
    This is good to follow until you get so experienced that you can figure out the exceptions yourself." [<3Niki<3] \m/
  • Try grouping your guns in a 4/4 setup, and stagger them on your DPS tags (in order), this will allow maximum amount of DPS/less cool down
  • Active Brawl. Imho it is Much more fun and engaging than simply latching onto your VVV and not letting go.
  • Remember: You must listen to your FC, as some things change, and WTM commanders are trained to see things you dont, coukd it safety situation, or a more efficient way than S.O.P (All written things are subject to change of the current Voice FC )

I have a blast flying with WTM (pun intended) these are just tips i gathered from learning, they'are not manditory (exception: for DPS burn to your anchor spots, be with your VVV) But they certainly go a long way to helping fleet, as well as yourself to have fun, safe fleets. I apologize in advance for any typos, as this was done from mobile device. Good luck n Fortune, I shall see you in Fleet! --VVR

P.S  Whether you are a Hyperion, rohk, or vindi -* if you have blasters*- and have any questions or would like to know more feel free to message me me in game mail, or give me a poke on TS "Victor Victor Rothwulf" - Me' door is open if im around. And I will find the time.

\m/ "Make them sansha's go No-whear!" \m/

20200311_145613.png

Edited by Victor Victor Veritas
Imelda's Wisdom , Niki's Wisdom
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Victor this is a fantastic write up - really captures what we try to do as commanders. 

I love all of these tips, and encourage everyone to add to it as you see fit. 

Thank you for being part of our community! 

• Like 1

@Victor Victor Veritas very nice write up here, cool to see such care taken from someone not in command core. Good to see a "line pilot" that really gives a damn. Maybe it will be time soon for some other badges to add to your list :). Keep up the good work and its always a pleasure having you in fleet. 

• Like 2

Thank you all, sincerely.

And i actually wanted to kick it off by asking: and recognizing that There are a lot of variables to account for; asides from a TCRC, and a "full fleet arnons" (as i imagine webs will help the Snipers Tracking,  as well as DPS')  :

-What is the concensus regaurding DPS  skipping webs over T1(tag one) in favor of T2-T10 to prevent the higher tags from running away? 

-Or is it best to web All DPS tags T1-web limit, As the slower the sansha move the higher the applied damage which pops them faster. I figure there is a wealth of wisdom that somone has already tested it. Cause I am in favor at what pops targets/waves quicker. Thank you in advance for input.

Very well written Victor. Good Job!
I liked your idea for a brief summary of the tactics we use. It will be really useful for the new pilots. Here's something from me, specifically for the Vindicator pilots (my favorite ship) ;)

TPPH – Vindicator (DPS)

First Room
Be sure you got NULL loaded and <keep at range> is set to 5000m.
After you land, turn left, turn on MWD, click Outuni Mesen or Ostingele Tectum and then click <keep at range>.

NOTE: 1.Do not approach NPC’s at 0! Do not bump them! Turn off MWD when you get to 20km.
            2.Don’t forget to broadcast for shields if you are yellow boxed and for capacitor if you got Ottuni.
            3.Do not launch Heavy drones if FC say it.

Lock Auga’s and start shooting them following tags.
Launch your drones and assign them.
Start locking Outuni Mesen  and Ostingele’s.
When Auga’s are down, swap to Void.
When you reach webbing range of Outuni/Ostingele’s, start webbing and shooting them in order.
Call what you webbing. If your target is already webbed/called, switch to next one.
Approach them, shoot and kill them, following the FC order/tags.
When last Ostingele left on grid, start approaching Acceleration gate.
If there are still frigates on grid, start locking and webbing them. Swap ammo if needed.
Approach the gate. Turn off MWD and align down the gate, when FC say it.
Take the gate only when FC call it and swap to NULL.

NOTE: 1.Use Q to align! Do not use gate for that!
             2.Do not Leeroy gates!

Second Room
After you land, turn on MWD, click Deltole Tegmentum or Ostingele Tectum and then click <keep at range>.
Lock Auga and start shooting it.
Start Locking Deltole, Ostingele’s and Romi’s.
When you reach webbing range start webbing and shooting them (With VOID). Follow FC order/tag’s.
If Romis are in your web range, web/call them. This will help HHH to kill them faster.
Take the gate only when FC call it and swap to NULL.

Third room
Wave 1:

After you land, turn on MWD, click Ostingele and <keep at range>. Start locking them.
Lock Romi’s also.
Until you burning to your primary targets, you can web and shoot some Romi’s in range, while they still don’t have transversal velocity.
When you reach webbing range, start webbing and shooting Ostingele’s (With VOID). Follow FC order/tag’s. Call your webs.
Start burning to your next anchor point (Keep at range your VVV and don’t bump it) as soon as FC call it, or 2 BS left on field.
Turn on your MWD and turn it off after two to three cycles, or when you get to 20km. from your anchor.
Swap to NULL while you burning, if some targets left behind, out of your VOID range. Kill them.
When you reach the spot, CTRL+SPACE to stop your ship (for better tracking).
Reload Void and prepare for the next wave.

NOTE: 1.Don’t forget to broadcast for shields if you are yellow boxed, and “In position” when they
               stop shooting you (yellow boxed again).
             2.No web is needed if the target speed is 100 m/sec. or less.

Wave 2:
Lock Battleships and start webbing/shooting them following the FC order’s/tag’s.
If Romi’s are tagged, web Romi and call it, before they run away. Use two webs per Romi.
If target is already webbed/called, switch to next one. If they run away, use NULL to kill them.
When last two BS left, anchor to VVV. He gonna move you to the spot 20k away of the tower.
Reload VOID, CTRL+SPACE and wait for the next spawn.

Wave 3:
Lock Battleships and start webbing/shooting them following the FC order’s/tag’s.
Check your drones for drone agro.
When last two BS/Cruisers left on grid, start approaching the Battle tower.
If there are still frigates on, start locking and webbing them. Kill what is left.
Shoot tower. Send Drones to shoot tower.

NOTE: 1.Don’t forget to broadcast for shields if you are yellow boxed and for capacitor if you got Ottuni.
            2. Don’t web Vylade Dien. It has no propmod.
            3. After tower bash, don’t forget to recall your drones, before you warp out.
            4There might be a different site tactics or target order for some or the all waves, at the discretion of the fleet  FC!

Edited by GARO
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, GARO said:

.Do not launch Heavy drones if FC say it.

im sorry ? :D

ahh you mean if your fc asks you to not launch them. i see. sorry was taking a moment until i understood.

Edited by niki lasvegas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, niki lasvegas said:

im sorry ? :D

ahh you mean if your fc asks you to not launch them. i see. sorry was taking a moment until i understood.

Yeah, yeah I know.
In the future will need some help in translation, probably. ;) 
I mean to not launch Heavy drones, if FC not ask you to do it, as: "All drones out" or "Launch light, medium and heavy drones" etc.

The point is:
(for those who wondering why, niki knows it better than me ;))

Heavy Drones = fat and slow,  need more time to get them back.
TPPH 1st room is the place, where fleets most often bounce, to get a bether site (race with time). 
The reasons for this are, that when there is no better site, you entering TPPH, with the presumption if you get a better one, to warp there fast.
And as we have already spoken, these little things make your fleet faster and more efficient in contests. 

As a fleet commander, I'm sure not once you have been holding your logistics longer behind, because of  Battleship who waiting his heavy drones to arrive back.
And sometimes, this small one pilot mistake, cost contest wining and payouts to the whole fleet. 

Edited by GARO
  • Like 1

Sliding: aka "Using Momentum"

Here is a helpful tip i shall eventually add to the Thread above.

So: In reference to landing in a pocket (aka Taking a Gate with FC's authorization)

avoiding painful Mathimatical Calculations, what if i told you, that there is a way to use the warp speed you had  to burn towards Sansha after you take an accelleration gate? Im not kiting you, it is possible.

As you play, start to pay attention to your velocity Bar, especially while beginning to warping/ landing from warping. After awhile, you'll notice that the "Warp Bar" (The velocity bar that has WARPING shown across) enters warp at a certain point, (75%-90%) and exits warp, at about (40%) 

(Thats why we have you aligning full speed to quicken the warp) and although thats usuful, Im focusing on Landing from warp. 

*  Id suggest to you to pay attention to when your ship Exits 'WARPING' (Aproximately 40% ) you'll notice it switches from saying "Warping" to the regular display (100m/s for example) ** This is the exact server tick/time that your ship is free to Move/aproach/keep at range, activate modules, lock targets, recieve links etc. if you desire it.

And i would say you do! Why?? Because it allows you to carry that momentum! It is a lot easier for your ship to Burn to Max velocity from 100m/s vrs  from a dead standstill. You "slide" from outta 

Start practicing, now that you know what to look for you can! I gotta get to work now.

o7 see you in fleet

• Upvote 1

Add: "Coming Soon to a thread post near you:"

Narrator Voice*

"..in a world, of walls of text.

where headaches, claim more capsuleers, - than sansha.

A group of Incursioners ... WILL RISE."

DpS School: "Now You See: Now You Do"

where all those words, come together in Form! NOW IN COLOR! In partnership with WTM Incursions, "the VvR Show: Sansha Slappin Adventures" on WTMI 96.6 TS and audio preformed by THX (I wish)

Available this Summer!

tickets, given away at select locations. 

reserve your tickets now, by UpVote/Likes.

[but seriously: Ill be making a Video and/or Gifs hope to be out soon, or summer the latest. Title subject to Change]

P.S The origional Post is Updated constantly. Dont forget to look at Sliding, and new section under webs<3

Good Luck and Good Fortune \m/ WTM \m/

-VvR

Sliding insert, Imelda's Wisdom
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Really nice work here, Victor.

Vylade indeed does not use a propmod. I wanna say if you are a HHH sometimes your priority target will be the Vylade. In that case one web on it doesn't hurt, helps the heavy drones to apply their deeps.

A Deltole going 14 m/s could be just 1 really strong vindi web ( a 90% fednavy could bring it down to 12 m/s ). I wanna say the overkill 2 webs would be less than 10 /ms.

A simple ammo change rule i always tell ppl with blasters:
-if its more than 15 km away, change to long range
-if its less than 10 km away, change to short range (hopefully this will be the case most of the times)
-if its between 10 and 15 km just keep shooting with whatever you have loaded currently.
This is good to follow until you get so experienced that you can figure out the exceptions yourself.

Edited by niki lasvegas
  • Upvote 1

On 3/11/2020 at 7:22 AM, niki lasvegas said:

work here

^It would be my pleasure, and will continue to do so.

*Added Niki Wisdom, and Nikis patented Simple ammo Rule. As well as betta'h Picture.

Final note: Not sayin i was waitin' for it ..[over a year]. But dam: a Niki pat-on-the-back? B| : Humbled. 

"Annd we'll be back after this short break: Stay tuned for More Details." \m/ <3 \m/