Koshea

Looking to get started

So as of today I can be in a non-npc corp that can't be wardecced, so I figured it was finally a good time to reup my account and check out Incursions, something I had always been interested in but didn't want to be in High-Sec in a Null alliance that didn't care about being war-decced. Formerly a Null-Sec Miner who flew Basi's in fleets and looking for a way to make some money in high sec now that I'm not out in Null. Have Logi 4 with 5 currently being trained and max in every other relevant skill and currently reading through your newbro guide on what I need to to to get set up with Warp To Me. At work at the moment so can't log in to the channel, is there a discord or something set up or is this forum the best way to get in touch with members while outside the game?

Looking at TVP they have a very specific setup for their Logi Basi's, if I showed up with their setup would that be an acceptable fit? I can post it if needed.

I currently don't have a corp at the moment are there any corps that are Incursion friendly I could look at you know of? The Allure of Null may draw me back at some point but making dank isk in high sec is a sure way to stave that off and doing it with a good group of guys will make that all the better.

There was mention of a Rattlesnake in some previous post, is that an approved ship for DPS? I have close to 0 gunnery skills but about 10M in missile skills so that would be about the only way I could help DPS wise.

Is there some system or station I need to get my ship staged at to participate in Warp to Me?

Welcome!

First step is join the in game WTM Incursions chat channel. The motd in that channel has all the relevant information such as fitting website, dock up station, our discord channel, etc. as for corps usually we just recommend making your own to avoid tax. Some people do have incursion corps but wtm is a community of many different corps and alliances unrelated to one another so many just create their own.

We love people to fly basis and logi 4 is good enough to start flying but 5 is a great improvement. As for rattlesnakes we do accept them but you need to be using t2 cruise missles and they aren't the greatest ship to use in incursions since the missles take a minute to reach the targets. while a couple volleys of your missles are still making their way to a target the rest of the fleet probably already killed it. We highly recommend taking a look at our optimal ships and think about training into one (such as the vindi. we love vindis!) Logi are also a great option to fly as i said before.

But take a read though the fitting guide, get the ship, get to dock and xup on the waitlist. You're already off to a good start by reading the rookie guide! If you have any questions feel free to ask away in the chat channel.

See you in fleet! o7

Logi it is!

It would take an awful long time to train into Battleship guns and I prefer logi and ewar roles in fleets anyway. I can do my damage by assisting my drones to someone else so it looks like.

I do have Tech 2 missile skills, But I kinda figured missiles probably weren't the best weapon for this kind of content. It seems only Bomber's Bar and POS bashes appreciate my well developed missile muscle.

Never really considered making my own corp, that's definitely an option in the mean time.

Hope to see you in fleet soon!

While optimal hulls only features gunnery skills, if you want to fly a missile boat you can do it. In that case look into the Barghest fit. It is the best possible option WTM accepts. Not the optimal, but i imagine if you have flown with Bombers Bar you have some nice torp skills :)