Dindil

Incursion Leshak

Recommended Posts

For the truly dedicated you can fit 2 peace larges easily and run them for 4 minutes or so without capping out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

9 hours ago, niki lasvegas said:

Armor reps are fun. And they are helpful for the fleet up until the point when someone using armor remote reps in a WTM fleet and is broadcasting for cap. Thats more than not helpful. Distracting the basis with it in a dangerous situation is just simply bad. Other than that i wish you happy armor repping! :)

 

I have a 48% Recharge Rate. I should be good for cap. Just needs a bit of practice. I did get the Gist X prop module :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brok Haslack said:

I have a 48% Recharge Rate. I should be good for cap. Just needs a bit of practice. I did get the Gist X prop module :) 

Apologies, 38%. Typo.  The reps are only for emergencies though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Interestingly, after flying it yesterday, I am adding this:

Hobgobs for bashing frigates are a good idea. Helping DPS at times.

Wasps for the Drone-ball. They apply better on Romis.

Ogres for the tower. Obviously.  They may glance on occasion ( how I don't know ) but doctrine is doctrine.

It has a decent drone bay, so I want to maximise it.

Battlereps work just fine. 38% recharge rate means you only need cap with the Outunis beating on you.

As for the weapon I think Baryon should be included in the fit as the medium range ammo.  She'll still punch as hard as a Nightmare near-enough at about 40km against smaller targets ( pyfa. Romis at 200m sig ).  With the ammo swap so quick it makes sense to me.  Mystic is weaker than Baryon at 40km out.

She flies like a Mach for speed & tracking ( sub-warp ), but she can punch almost Vindi-weight at close range. She can also Keep up with a Nightmare at medium range. And the ammo swap is Nightmare speed.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Brok Haslack
I haz a ship!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NRF contests.

Something I've noticed twice now. As the Leshak approaches the Sniper-Rats they veer off a bit.

I've seen TDF Leshaks head out & hammer sniper targets in groups of 5-6. Are they doing it just for DPS, or are they driving them back too ( by getting so close ) to mess up our Sniper Teams?

As more people get shield Leshaks we will need to think about this.  You already have to move a bit out from Anchor in a Leshak to get the best out of the hull. So what ranges are safe etc?

Which does cross over into the 40km ammo as well. I haven't updated pyfa yet, so am using the older one before the VNI nerf. The new one had no 'graph' option for me. Not sure why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Brok Haslack said:

I've seen TDF Leshaks head out & hammer sniper targets in groups of 5-6. Are they doing it just for DPS, or are they driving them back too ( by getting so close ) to mess up our Sniper Teams?

Yulais are an excellent target during contests due to large sig and lower resists compared to most sansha battleships. That is likely why they do that. Disrupting our range when they have already burned there is probably a nice bonus but not the primary goal, I would guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Brok Haslack said:

NRF contests.

Something I've noticed twice now. As the Leshak approaches the Sniper-Rats they veer off a bit.

I've seen TDF Leshaks head out & hammer sniper targets in groups of 5-6. Are they doing it just for DPS, or are they driving them back too ( by getting so close ) to mess up our Sniper Teams?

As more people get shield Leshaks we will need to think about this.  You already have to move a bit out from Anchor in a Leshak to get the best out of the hull. So what ranges are safe etc?

Which does cross over into the 40km ammo as well. I haven't updated pyfa yet, so am using the older one before the VNI nerf. The new one had no 'graph' option for me. Not sure why.

TDF are just burning out there so they can use occult on the Yuli and kill them faster.

 

The rats veering off is usually because one of the sharks has aggro. All the sansha have a default orbit range that they use when attacking a target. So for Yuli it's 60km, if you have aggro and burn at them it has the affect of pushing them away from the rest of the fleet. What they should be doing is burning in the opposite direction to pull the spawn over to the dps/cqc in fleet so they can apply more dps. It's hard to do though as so many people multibox sharks that are anchored on their main. If their main gets aggro they would have to manually fly multiple ships at once.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ok, so what is the safe range? Unlike in Armour fleets shield Leshaks can't rep each other to top up weaker Logi ( due to range from Logi ). Well, we can, but not as well.

Advance 20km from Anchor? 30km?

As we work out new spots for best use.

.

I still think a 40km Ammo will help too. But that is in TPPH's. On those burns in rooms 2 & 3 40km comes up a lot. The sweet spot for Leshak Anchor is 20km from the toilet, at toilet rim height, in a perfect 90degC right-angle position. Easy to get to, then you just sit there with Occult and batter 2 waves & a tower.

If we have to do TPPH's we need to git gud at them. 40km ammo applies more than Mystic according to PYFA. By about 50 dps.

.

As for Drones the idea above of mixing Lights, Wasps, & Ogres, works.  Swapping the Wasps out for Praetors might be even better.

 

Edited by Brok Haslack
I haz a ship!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You want to at least stay within 60km of the booster, the logi can still apply reps pretty well at 50-60km, anymore than that will make them have to over rep. But during the last wave not too big of a deal. Just wait till the outunis are down to burn out far. I personally will stop by the sniper anchor to gauge what spawns and who needs my help the most, sometimes dps needs the help more. And as always listen to your FC :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Brok Haslack said:

Ok, so what is the safe range? Unlike in Armour fleets shield Leshaks can't rep each other to top up weaker Logi ( due to range from Logi ). Well, we can, but not as well.

Advance 20km from Anchor? 30km?

As we work out new spots for best use.

.

I still think a 40km Ammo will help too. But that is in TPPH's. On those burns in rooms 2 & 3 40km comes up a lot. The sweet spot for Leshak Anchor is 20km from the toilet, at toilet rim height, in a perfect 90degC right-angle position. Easy to get to, then you just sit there with Occult and batter 2 waves & a tower.

If we have to do TPPH's we need to git gud at them. 40km ammo applies more than Mystic according to PYFA. By about 50 dps.

.

As for Drones the idea above of mixing Lights, Wasps, & Ogres, works.  Swapping the Wasps out for Praetors might be even better.

 

The way i've been running in NRF is this.

Upon landing in site i burn into the middle of the spawn. I use Meson to help snipers kill the mara. As Meson actually hits the Mara when moving, due to it's extra tracking. Once i get into the middle of the spawn i swap to the highest tag Vylade and load up occult and murder it overheating when i can. Once the vlyades are down i start going for any osti that's in range with the highest dps ammo i can use.

For second wave i get myself anchored 15/20km of the antem/yuli spawn and murder them with occult.

For third wave i anchor nnw 15km of  battletower and kill Yuli with occult. As spawn dies i use highest dps ammo that covers the range as i burn to VVV posistion 4.

For forth wave i go highest tag outuni if 3, or if needed due to CC. Or if possible skip to deltoles and murder them with a bit of heat to pull aggro. I then keep on helping the dps to kill their BS until the aggro switches again. As that pulls the antems/Yuli over to a closer range to the dps and means the sharks don't have to burn out as far away from logi. If i don't get aggro i only burn out 40km and then use the highest dps ammo that fits the range.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ExcalibursTemplar said:

The way i've been running in NRF is this.

Upon landing in site i burn into the middle of the spawn. I use Meson to help snipers kill the mara. As Meson actually hits the Mara when moving, due to it's extra tracking. Once i get into the middle of the spawn i swap to the highest tag Vylade and load up occult and murder it overheating when i can. Once the vlyades are down i start going for any osti that's in range with the highest dps ammo i can use.

For second wave i get myself anchored 15/20km of the antem/yuli spawn and murder them with occult.

For third wave i anchor nnw 15km of  battletower and kill Yuli with occult. As spawn dies i use highest dps ammo that covers the range as i burn to VVV posistion 4.

For forth wave i go highest tag outuni if 3, or if needed due to CC. Or if possible skip to deltoles and murder them with a bit of heat to pull aggro. I then keep on helping the dps to kill their BS until the aggro switches again. As that pulls the antems/Yuli over to a closer range to the dps and means the sharks don't have to burn out as far away from logi. If i don't get aggro i only burn out 40km and then use the highest dps ammo that fits the range.

 

 

Makes sense. Mystic & Occult both have weak tracking, so the other 3 ammos are relevant too.

Switching like a Laser Pilot.

Shame there's no Imperial Navy variant ;) ( CCPlease )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear, t1 ammo is still not allowed for the leshak (or any ship) at this time. If you have data/experience to share then by all means. I myself would like to see it further explored for the leshak, at least until it gets faction ammo added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if "Beautiful Snowflake" is the right descriptor. Leshaks are tower-killers, and they do change the game in certain sites. Ditanian stamp on us regularly because of theirs.

I've read the rest :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quickie:

Burn out. Keep at range 10km on a Battleship.

Roasty-toasty.

Always make sure you are only 30km from anchor ( have the AAA locked ).

Seems fine :)

Need to practice on NRF's more. I still get too close to the enemy on the last wave. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NRF. Keep at range 20km to target, and near a blob. Roasty Toasty.

Last wave use Mystic whilst sitting 25-30 from AAA.

Having your prop-module set for 'auto repeat' off, and then pulsing it, is enough for the burns. Means you don't cap out. Just repeat the pulse quickly for longer burns.

 

I think that's about it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Tani Makia said:

If you are going to lock up AAA PLEASE make sure your safeties are green.

This.

With the Black-out in Null more & more people might discover the joy of a dedicated Incursion toon.  Brok is dedicated, so always has the settings correct.  I can just log in & go, as he never leaves High Sec or PVE.

This links with this thread too:  





If we have too many people on WL running a VG pack might also help. I can help FC there.  Decision for High Command obviously, but Black-out is a big change.  I can see Null people getting a toon ready for High Sec Incursion at this rate.

Tools in the Tool-box :)

Edited by Brok Haslack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

After a chat on Teamspeak, just to confirm the tactical role.

1) Leshaks are Tower-killers. As a non-contest Fleet we need to kill A LOT of Towers. They also do well clearing Battleships.

2) They are starting at 2.7b ISK at present. Blackout may take that to 3b ISK.  They are not Newbro.

3) They are susceptible to Armor-slapping, like the Scimi. They have an Iddy-biddy shield AND Hull Layer. It takes balls I assure you. You can't sig tank a boat this big.

4) Their Battle-reps could save Triple AAA in a TCRC. If you are fast/skilled enough.

 

Edited by Brok Haslack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add:

A Republic Fleet LSE that has been Mutagened is working for me.  + 1 squillion on shield layer, and +0m on sig.

I pulse my MWD, & use a Gist X :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New to 'Shaks?

Once you're bought your first entry-level 'shak you need to thin about Mods.

I think the first upgrade ( my view ) is the Abyssal Shield Extender. It REALLY helps.

After that, once you've patched your tank, you then get the shinies in for the Low Power slots.  I went Tracking THEN DPS. Tracking first, to hit the thing.

The Abyssal Shield Extender is a win though.  Mutagened Republic Fleet or Thucker can work well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 cent..,decent Sharks cost waaaaaaaaay above 10bil.., hell..,only my sinks cost as much..!!..and doesn't matter if it is new bro flown or not.., many ppl r willing to bling an incursion ship to the brim..., which actually makes sense.., since incursion fleets is one of the "safest" place to fly a Red/Purple ship in.., also FYI.., i carry a mobile depot and in an imminent TCRC wall.., i swap my TE for 3 x Sentient Signal Amplifiers.., which in combo with Radar Sensor Compensation to 5 AND MWD swap with SeBo will give u abt 150 points Radar Sensor strength..., which will give u the strength to show the finger to the Niarja's..! Also consider using Nomads.., i just love the agility and getting a BS close to 5 sec warp time ain't bad at all.., plus u get the advantage to hunt the freakin' Sanha's down like dogs in an instant..! Oh..,and armor reppers top rule..!.., triple A and logi will love u..,let alone fellow Sharks.., ALWAYS keep them locked (needless to say safety to GREEN..!)

Oh boy..,am i gonna get thrashed for this post or not..!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now