Spacehart

DPS Anchor Points

Hello,

DPS Newb question. I have now run a number of sites and I am hooked but I have been having a problem with positioning.  Once I land on grid I anchor on my VVV but I don’t have a feel for where the anchor (and I) need to be.  I was wondering if there is a reference guide available that I can use to help me out. 

take a gander here, 

also within the rookie guide should have had a link to this as well. When in doubt, take a peek at the GUIDES portion of these forums.

Also, Welcome To WarpToMe!

Edited by Den Talidar

Awards

56 minutes ago, Spacehart said:

Awesome, not sure how I missed that.

never fear, as we here in WarpToMe have a plethora of information accessible to all/most.  

Awards

Always nice to remember, we all mess up. If you are not on target a few times, don't sweat it. Just adjust your position. Use the 'Q' positioning and the tactical overview.

How exactly this Q positioning works? I found out yesterday that this kind of feature exist in game. And what's the point of range circle and the number? Number showing km range when ship will stop or?

3 hours ago, Ezra Endashi said:

How exactly this Q positioning works? I found out yesterday that this kind of feature exist in game. And what's the point of range circle and the number? Number showing km range when ship will stop or?

The number is the kilometers, yes.
Its a 3D positioning . You hold down Q , then first click will designate your horizontal movement in 2 Dimension.
After the first click you can adjust your "altitude". You can elevate or lower your ship in the third dimension.
The second click will fix your final position in space.

If you want to just move in 2D (for example when you are aligning down an acceleration gate, you just hold Q , then draw the distance, and quickly doubleclick in space (no altitude change).