Sign in to follow this  
Imelda Virpio

Stop Flying Loaded Bowheads Through Niarja.

It's July now, so I could go and look at the total for June: One hundred and thirty six BILLION isk worth of incursion-loaded bowheads died last month. That's about 1/8 of the *total* isk generated by incursions during the month. Most of the kills were in Uedama or Niarja, but several were in Madirmilire, Sivala, and one in Bahromab (all adjacent to one of the Bad Systems, all 0.6).

Stop paying for Kusions' subscription. Stop flying loaded Bowheads through the pipe systems.

There are several ways to get around this problem. You can go "over the top" through Ammatar space. You can stop in Ashab/Kassigainen, unload the Bowhead, get it to Kaaputenen/Juunigaishi, and shuttle your battleships back and forth one by one.  You can take the bling off your incursion ships, move the hulls in the Bowhead, and move the shiny bits separately in something sneaky. You can keep sets of hulls on each side of the Amarr/Gallente divide. There are probably other things you can do; goodness knows some of you are inventive enough with the battleship fits.

• Upvote 2

Awards

6 minutes ago, Celina Knop said:

-1 we are rich enough (starts Training alts into bombers)

/me logs in a couple of Thaloses , one armortank Mach and some instalockers... >)

Awards

15 minutes ago, Kimina Tanai said:

Or you could just web the bowhead O.o

Thats what instalockers are for. =)

Awards

Can't find MER for June so please forward to me if you stole it from ccp.

But from the May one this is like 1.76% so lets not exaggerate, not even 1/50th of the incursion isk. All together there was over 7.7T isk from Incursions (this does NOT even include what the LP is worth).

• Like 1

Someone should tell ppl how to bowhead, it´s 2x of our command core that suffered losses due to not knowing how to bowhead

• Upvote 1

Just don't fly when every1 else is, or fly just before or just after DT.

I got stuck, got bumped, got saved by Imakiwlyu who turned up in a vindi equipped with webs.

You should be doing 1 of 3 things if flying a Bowhead in general, but especially though Niarja or Uedema.

1. Fit a MWD, regardless of your fit, if you use a MWD you have a maximum of 10 seconds align time. I got followed by a machariel for 9 jumps when he missed me in Niarja and didn't want to give up. He never caught me, He couldn't - Most of you know the trick. You are motionless in stealth, you just landed in the system from the previous system. Hit warp to/jump through - instantly turn on ALL of your active tank modules and your MWD. Now turn off your MWD again. When the cycle finishes and your maximum speed is reduced to less than you are already doing you instantly enter warp, most of the time travelling sideways towards your target, its pretty funny the first few times.

2. Have a web alt, or a very very very trustworthy friend to come with you with a webbing ship. You activate a duel with your alt/friend (preferably just an alt, lets be real, this is eve online). Make the bowhead warp to/jump to, use the webbing ship that is in a duel to target you as fast as it can and hit all its webs. Your max speed is then reduced to less than you are travelling and you instantly warp, like with the MWD. It is quicker than 10 seconds, but requires an alt or lots of trust with a friend.

3. Do not fly the bowhead through Niarja with your expensive ships and fits inside it.

Have a loaded bowhead on each side of Niarja and you are good to go.

Shuttle your ships 1 by 1 through the systems.

Take a stealth ship or an interceptor with your shiny modules so you can hide or out run would be enemies.

If the dock up is just a couple of jumps past these nasty systems, leave your bowhead on 1 side of it, and fly just 1 ship through, worst case scenario you have a 5-10 jump round trip if you decide you need another ship.

I recommend not annoucing your about to travel through a gank hotspot in a public channel, but feel free to let people know what was there after the fact.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1