Sign in to follow this  
Henri Marteau

TCRC ganks

About the ganking and loot stealing at tcrcs where they scram the logi pilots.
It has happened twice now that I noticed. First I thought you couldn't really do anything about it except for not running the site.
But then I thought of the following:
If you see the two frigates or whatever at the gate, you can already guess what's going on. So just let everybody align, let the AAA take the gate and then immediately when he lands warp out. They then scram the logi, so just wait for them to get blown up, AAA comes back as quick as he can and fleet can run the site.
Am I missing something or should that work? Not sure if the rats could point the AAA that quickly.

The moment the AAA lands he will probably get scrammed by the Sansha since besides having the scrams at the gate sites are also preloaded, its a 50-50 chance at best so this will probably not work. also scramming frigs are not on grid at first but at a very close range waiting to warp in the moment the gate is activated.

There are ways to deal with it and a guide should be made. I ll try to write down a few things, that might work however best practice is to avoid that site for a while.

This is a good place to start a discussion on how to handle this ganking strategy, though.

Major thing to note is the gankers are likely on comms as spies, since our comms are no real secret.

Perhaps we should revert back to the very old strategy of doing the TCRC with 9-10 logi, have whole fleet take the gate at once, and have logi prepare for split aggro. Bonus points if you tell a well-tanked vindi to immediately burn and start smacking the tower to consolidate aggro.

Another suggestion I heard is have logi take gate first. They just need to know that they need to be ready for aggro and broadcasts and immediately start moving full speed, regardless if there is an anchor on grid. Logi are fully capable of tanking the entire TCRC as long as they are getting sufficient reps and moving at a good speed. Only concern is when they're webbed down.

Sure, it's not as safe as the normal way of only anchor taking the gate, but both strategies give significantly less time for the gankers to react, and is safer with gankers about, considering this is by far the most common ganking strategy nowadays.

Edited by Foshkey

The two biggest things that get people killed in a gank are:

1) FC hesitating or not being decisive with a decision.

2) Fleet members not listening to the FC

There are several valid strategies to overcome gankers. Choose one you feel confident with and use that (but don't send the AAA in without support because the site will be preloaded and you've just sent them in to die). One of the benefits of having everyone align down gates as soon as they come out of warp is that it not only runs sites faster, but it gives them a more immediate bail-out plan. You see gankers coming out of warp just call *everyone* in to the site and your logi should be in warp before the gankers have a chance to lock. Then just make everyone immediately burn off the beacon. :)

Edit: The less time you spend on gates/beacons the less opportunities gankers have

Edited by Rykki