Sign in to follow this  
skysurf76

Couple more questions

I've been planning on starting incursions now for a week but I keep putting it off to make sure I have everything set up perfect for when I start.  I only have two things left and I think I'm ready.

I have read that I will get the TS3 server information when I enter the X-up tool.  Is there anyway I could get the TS server information ahead of time to verify I have it set up correctly?  I'm worried I will have to deal with settings and other various shenanigans when I first join and trying to get TS3 to work will just be one more thing on the pile.

How do I filter out fleet members from my overview?  I will have access to the fleet members I need through my watch list but I need to be able to see just the enemies when we are fighting.

Thanks in advance

From your other two posts and this one, I understand that you want to go in prepared. You don't have to worry that much, everything will be fine. If you really feel the need to set up things, I am happy to join in a room and help you out over voice. This makes things a lot easier. You can just x up with your fit, hop into Teamspeak and just join the fleet.

Almost all members of WTM will have an overview to link for you. No problem.

Awards

6 hours ago, skysurf76 said:

I've been planning on starting incursions now for a week but I keep putting it off to make sure I have everything set up perfect for when I start.  I only have two things left and I think I'm ready.

I have read that I will get the TS3 server information when I enter the X-up tool.  Is there anyway I could get the TS server information ahead of time to verify I have it set up correctly?  I'm worried I will have to deal with settings and other various shenanigans when I first join and trying to get TS3 to work will just be one more thing on the pile.

How do I filter out fleet members from my overview?  I will have access to the fleet members I need through my watch list but I need to be able to see just the enemies when we are fighting.

Thanks in advance

Hi :)

TS3 server is only for fleet members, we try to keep the a address from possible trolls and gankers.
It will be also listed in the fleetchat MOTD, once you join the fleet.
Dont worry about it, you will have as much time as you need to set it up.
However what you can do beforehand: set your TS to push-to-talk (options/capture) , and use a key thats not frequently pushed ( deff not CTRL , for example ).

Most of the incursioners use custom-made overviews. There are some popular ones floating around and just linked for newbros in Warp To Me Incursions channel, or in fleetchat. If you want, you can just switch to one of those, there are a few quite good, and not even just for incursions tbh. Your choice. 

At this point i think you are more than ready to just start, and probably one of the most prepared newbros out there. Which i actually like, very much, thank you for that :) You will make your FCs life easier just a little bit.
So dont worry too much, WTM's basic principle is to be as newbrofriendly as it gets. Our FCs should operate according to that all the time.

The first time you join fleet the Fleet Commander (FC) will literally go through every setting you might need or might have forgotten and ask you if you have it set up properly.

He/She will give you as much time as you need and bring you into fleet as soon as you are ready. Logistics pilots get alerted when a new pilot is in fleet and they add you to their fleet watchlist, which means they can see what is happening to you and will probably know you are taking damage before you do.

Broadcast at the correct times and you will be perfectly safe. Pay SRP (Ship Replacement Program) which is but a fraction of the isk you will receive from completing once site (approx 31,500,000 per 10-20 minutes dependant on fleet composition and which site is being run). Then if the worst happens and your ship does end up going splat, the SRP pay out will enable you to purchase another ship with ease.

Once you have flown with us, you will be wondering why you ever did anything else :)