Sign in to follow this  
skysurf76

Broadcast question

I am about to start doing incursions with you guys, and after reading the new player guide I have a question about broadcasts.  It says in the guide that when a Sansha yellow boxes you that it is targeting you and that you are supposed to broadcast for shields.  It goes on to say that when it red boxes, and then yellow boxes you know longer have aggression and should broadcast in position.  So do I broadcast for shield only when a Sansha yellow boxes me the first time?  Is it possible for a Sansha to aggro me once, switch target, and then switch back to me, in which case I should broadcast for shield again?

I'm spending a butt ton of money on the ship I'll be bringing and I'm worried I'm going to do something wrong and lose it.  Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Edited by skysurf76

Hey there! So it's quite common, especially for our more bling-fit pilots, for aggro to go onto a pilot, switch off, and then come back once more. In that case, you would be correct to broadcast for shield when you're yellowboxed, broadcast in-position when redbox turns to yellow, and then broadcasting for shield again when you are targeted again. 

If you are still confused, you can always ask the FC for help when you join your first fleet! (I recommend asking for a newbro speech, to make sure you know everything you need to know). 

Hope this helps, see you in fleet soon!

Awards

1 hour ago, skysurf76 said:

I am about to start doing incursions with you guys, and after reading the new player guide I have a question about broadcasts.  It says in the guide that when a Sansha yellow boxes you that it is targeting you and that you are supposed to broadcast for shields.  It goes on to say that when it red boxes, and then yellow boxes you know longer have aggression and should broadcast in position.  So do I broadcast for shield only when a Sansha yellow boxes me the first time?  Is it possible for a Sansha to aggro me once, switch target, and then switch back to me, in which case I should broadcast for shield again?

I'm spending a butt ton of money on the ship I'll be bringing and I'm worried I'm going to do something wrong and lose it.  Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Usually the Sansha dies faster, than you get a 2nd redbox in the same wave. So mostly you are unlikely to get a second redbox.
Usually.
Then there is the so called "TCRC" site, where we dont actually kill the majority of the ships. We just shoot a tower, to complete the site. In this site it can happen easily, cuz we dont kill a lot of ships, just the most dangerous ones. Thats why you need to be super awake in this site. Even more than usual.

Generally it goes like this:
1st yellowbox: broadcast for shields.
1st yellowbox -> redbox: logies are repping you
redbox -> 2nd yellowbox (no redbox remains): broadcast in position
if the 2nd yellowbox turns into redbox again, then you need to be superquick and broadcast for shields once again (likely only happens in a TCRC)

Ok i think I have it figured out.  Its one of those things I've seen a thousand times but I never stopped and paid attention.  Blinking yellow means you are being targeted so you broadcast for shields, and you don't do anything when it goes from yellow to red because you are still targeted,  When the red brackets go away you broadcast in position.  If you get yellow boxed again you would again broadcast for shields.  Correct?

"redbox -> 2nd yellowbox (no redbox remains): broadcast in position"

Because yellowbox with no red box means they are targeting someone else.  Gotcha.

The red bracket wont go away most of the times. It will turn back to yellow, instead of just disappearing. This means the enemy keeps you locked up, but they are shooting something else.  There are 1 or 2 ships who actually unlocks you after redbox (Yulai for example), but the majority of sansha ships will keep you locked even after they are done shooting you.

1 minute ago, niki lasvegas said:

The red bracket wont go away most of the times. It will turn back to yellow, instead of just disappearing. This means the enemy keeps you locked up, but they are shooting something else.  There are 1 or 2 ships who actually unlocks you after redbox (Yulai for example), but the majority of sansha ships will keep you locked even after they are done shooting you.

Ok, that was the key piece of information I needed.  So keep getting shield reps until I see another yellow box, then broadcast in position, but still keep an eye on shield health, and if I start taking damage broadcast for shields again.

Well you are not taking damage, only if a ship is redboxing you. In which case you should not broadcast inposition.
Example:
Lets say you get yellowboxed by 10 ships. You broadcast for shields. 
Then 10 yellow turns into 10 redbox.
Then out of 10 , 9 will turn back to yellow, but 1 is still red. At that point you dont broadcast inposition. Only when the last turns back to yellow, and you have 0 redbox and 10 yellow.
When all you have is 10 yellowbox instead of reds, you can broadcast inposition, and you wont take damage anymore at that point.
Yellowbox means : enemy locked you up, but not agressing you.
Redbox means : enemy is agressing you, using offensive modules, like weapons, or some kind of electronic warfare (target painter, neut, jam, scram, etc).

24 minutes ago, skysurf76 said:

Ok, that was the key piece of information I needed.  So keep getting shield reps until I see another yellow box, then broadcast in position, but still keep an eye on shield health, and if I start taking damage broadcast for shields again

Yes, they may keep you locked. If they go Redbox and start shooting at you again, you just rebroadcast, no sweat :)

Awards

On 06/03/2018 at 5:46 AM, skysurf76 said:

Ok, that was the key piece of information I needed.  So keep getting shield reps until I see another yellow box, then broadcast in position, but still keep an eye on shield health, and if I start taking damage broadcast for shields again.

in any site   as soon as u are yellow boxed you broadcast for reps.....  on the harder TRTC nes you will be neuted jammed scrammed and webbed you cant wait for the red to come up as the sasha BS will be pounding ur shields....  it most lickely be red for the duration..... on most cases ....   as the fleet bring thes spawn down...  u will have time to ask for reps ..... its just that intial point when everybody has warped in or ... a spawn jumps in.... its the time when the Aggro is at its highest......

By broadcasting for shields as soon as you get yellowboxed, even if its only one, allows those of us who fly logi to lock you up as soon as possible. As you start taking damage we will apply reps as needed. The idea is to prevent you from getting alpha'd off the grid. Once you stop taking damage and broadcast in position we may or may not unlock you.

As a new guy you will get a quick speech as well as being put on the logi watch list for a few sites until you get the hang of things.