Sign in to follow this  
Imelda Virpio

Machariel Changes, March 2018

Posted (edited)

CCP has announced that they have changes upcoming to the Machariel. The one that we care about is that the slot layout will be different; the ship is losing a low slot and gaining a mid.

WTM will respond to this change in the simplest way possible. Y'all are going to drop a tracking enhancer, and add a tracking computer. Tracking comps have to be T2 or better. Just to make it entertaining, the storyline "Marketeer" tracking comp is equivalent to T2, and is thus acceptable.  Capable Mach pilots will use this opportunity to bring tracking and range scripts, and switch between them as appropriate.

CCP has not announced a date for this patch, so you might as well get your computer and scripts now and start carrying them around. If we're in Egmur or something on patch day, and you have to fly all the way back to civilization for a module, you will be Sad.

Edit: We have a date now, March 20th, next Tuesday! You know what you're doing, Mach guys, make sure you do it.

Edited by Imelda Virpio

Awards

Good thing I just finished training weapon upgrades and I can use t2 guns with just 1 reactor control, what's gonna happen to ppl that can't fit t2 guns with just 1 reactor tho'? they gonna have to drop a gyro?

Kfrost none of our mach fits use 2 reactor control units, only very low skills would require 1 reactor control unit. Unless you are talking about a Power Diagnostic System which has less powegrid bonus then a reactor control unit.

Weapon upgrades decreases cpu need not power grid, you would need to train advanced weapon upgrades to reduce powergrid requirements or if you are running a damage rig that increases powergrid needs, you would need to train projectile weapon rigging to decrease the drawback. The other option is Genolution core implants or a 6th slot powergrid implant. Or if you are running a burst aerator rig, drop it for a locus or metasis for less calibration and add a powergrid rig(that's if you have dual pith a or pith b type tank modules to hit the tank requirements otherwise you need the passive therm rig and cdfe's)

Posted (edited)

Hm, I used to run 2 faction reactor controls units (not power diag) to be able to fit my t2 guns (with burst aerator rig), before I finished advanced weapon upgrades 4 and projectile weapon rigging 4, now I can use just 1 reactor control unit, strange :) 

Edited by KFrost

Yea sorry I see what you mean. Basically the problem is the rig causing the increase in the pg needs. The theory behind our fits are we want to get as much utility as possible and a reactor control unit doesn't add utility, just fitting ability. So our fits are designed around expecting pilots to have Advanced Weapon Upgrades and Projectile Weapon rigging to 4 before switching to a projectile weapon rig which leaves a low slot for the tracking enhancer not a second reactor control unit. As those two skills to 4 is only about a week train time.

Yeh, didn't know when I did the ship build, I just went for optimal straight away, all good now anyway :D