Sign in to follow this  
lich

coming FLEET changes

START DEV POST

Next time we update Singularity, we’ll have a number of new little things/quality of life changes that we’d like your help with testing
Many of those changes were suggested and requested by you guys, in our "little things” and various other channels.
Please feel free to head over to that thread to suggest your own little things idea, but if you have comments on the changes introduced here, please post them here

• Color coding in Fleet watchlist window
  • Targeting bracket on Fleet mates is purple (the fleet color) rather than yellow
  • Text for broadcasts for reps now include what ship type the broadcast came from
  • Fleet tags are now displayed on the targets in the target bar
  • It’s now possible to remove a Fleet tags (from whatever was tagged before)

END DEV POST----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe no more Concord visits for shooting your cap buddy

Getting on Singularity is simple, change the dropbox box for the server selection, and perhaps go thru an email verification

New mirror made past Sunday, and don't forget 2M SP per Mass Test carries over into next mirror (so you start with an extra 10-12M SP to spend).

Nullsec Incursion testing?  Nearly everything but (most) faction modules costs 100 isk, so overbling is possible (you use /copyships to copy over your really blingy ship).  Last mirror I hunted down optimum vindy from nullsec markets, probably could go officer for the xD

While I admit those changes are nice. I dont see a need to test them via the test server. Not just because of the time required to test, but that neither safety nor effiency is being changed. Just ease of running. If any testing was to be done. Itd be done during normal fleet operations on TQ. Though I dont see that happening either.

On 2/21/2018 at 1:12 PM, lich said:

maybe no more Concord visits for shooting your cap buddy

I'm not sure why you think this. Of all the times I have attempted to shoot my cap buddy (which is basically "every time I'm in a site with a Nightmare") I'm pretty sure none of them would have been helped by a purple targeting bracket. In fact, most of them can be filed in the category of "target died before I hit shoot and my cap buddy was auto-selected next".

• Like 1

On 2/24/2018 at 7:54 PM, Cadre Arareb said:

While I admit those changes are nice. I dont see a need to test them via the test server.

Well, if you'd been on the Test Server more often, you'd know that it is common for CCP announce a plan, and then a mess appears in the next server update.  Currently, the Overview gets whacked every logoff, Local count is a running sum - with double entries just to keep you alert.  There are others mentioned in CCPs Test Forum.

There was a recent mirror about a week ago, the email confirmation if you haven't been to Singularity before, so it's simple.

the big problem on SISI is that other than the combat areas, it is a lonely place - making fleet testing difficult.

Edited by lich

On 2/24/2018 at 8:13 PM, Kimina Tanai said:

I'm not sure why you think this. Of all the times I have attempted to shoot my cap buddy (which is basically "every time I'm in a site with a Nightmare") I'm pretty sure none of them would have been helped by a purple targeting bracket. In fact, most of them can be filed in the category of "target died before I hit shoot and my cap buddy was auto-selected next".

I point at the 'maybe' not being aNM pilot, but seeing the result of the error.  Perhaps a different class of targets for repping is needed. purple is a step in the right direction

Edited by lich

2 hours ago, lich said:

Well, if you'd been on the Test Server more often, you'd know that it is common for CCP announce a plan, and then a mess appears in the next server update.  Currently, the Overview gets whacked every logoff, Local count is a running sum - with double entries just to keep you alert.  There are others mentioned in CCPs Test Forum.

There was a recent mirror about a week ago, the email confirmation if you haven't been to Singularity before, so it's simple.

the big problem on SISI is that other than the combat areas, it is a lonely place - making fleet testing difficult.

Small bugs like you mentioned are fixed before launch to TQ (Most the time). As for getting on Sisi. There is not much point of pushing incursioners go get on sisi to test basically nothing and get nothing in reward. If you are looking for sisi warriors to come join you on sisi. This is not the place to recruit. 

12 hours ago, Cadre Arareb said:

There is not much point of pushing incursioners go get on sisi to test basically nothing and get nothing in reward. If you are looking for sisi warriors to come join you on sisi. This is not the place to recruit

I mean, we have sent multiple groups to Sisi to test big upcoming changes in the past. It's just that (like cadre noted about above) this patch, while hopefully a nice quality of life improvement, doesn't substantially change how we run our day to day operations and thus doesn't need the energy and time spent on coordinating a test fleet.

• Like 1

We tried to do that when the booster changes came up, which has been the biggest change to incursions yet. Even then it wasn't worth going on SiSi to test the changes, because it's so hard to reproduce incurions on SiSi, that it's just not worth putting the time and effort into it. When we did the first incursion fleet with the booster changes, everything went fine. We had some dents to fix, but nobody died. Safety wasn't really compromised.

That being said, I really looking forward to these changes. Looking at what we already have as an improvement with fleet windows (i.e. ship icons added to the watchlist for example), these changes should improve our quality of life.

Edited by Xoceac

Awards

On 2/27/2018 at 7:20 PM, lich said:

I point at the 'maybe' not being aNM pilot, but seeing the result of the error.  Perhaps a different class of targets for repping is needed. purple is a step in the right direction

Actually, it seems that getting CCP to include 'not purple' in the Green Security check might stop this.  I will take your example of the auto-target switch to a post on LIttle Things and see what happens.

Actually, checking the rules, it seems that if you shoot your cap buddy, your safety wasn't Green.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:33 AM, lich said:

Actually, checking the rules, it seems that if you shoot your cap buddy, your safety wasn't Green.

This. I mean if your safety is green, you can't rightly shoot anyone without confirming that you actually want to shoot them. BTW, hey guys. Been gone for a year. Glad to be back. Look forward to dusting off my vindi and running with you guys in the coming days. \o/