Sign in to follow this  
dragon564738

Question about shield resistance requirements.

Let's get this out of the way first: I'm an alpha.

Of course, I've heard of incursions (and the lucridious isk-making that is associated with it) , and since after the patches come out that grant alpha clones battleships, I'm creating a fit. However, I'm not sure that we'll be allowed to use T2 Adaptive Invulnerability Fields. 

However, with my current Rokh fitting with T1 AIFs, I still get the required 100k EHP and 70% resists on an All 5 PYFA character (screenshot attached). 

I'm wondering if that'll be OK for WTM fleets?

Thanks, dragon564738.

Screenshot 2017-10-14 17.20.31.png

The question of alpha clones is a good one. It's unlikely alphas will be given T2 invulns, and yet uncertain what skills the expanded alphas will in fact get. It is very unlikely that the skills allowed on an alpha clone will give the same kind of numbers that your all five simulation provides. We have already started discussing the possibility of Alpha Characters coming into our fleets, but this is still an early conversation. When we get a more concrete explanation of what the new list of skills will be, we can make a proper assessment. 

If we put aside the question of alpha clones for a minute and instead just discuss the viability of the fit that you have posted, there is a reason that we don't accept ships fit like that into Fleet. The reason for that is that we have rules for the bare minimum that we can safely allow, but you should never gimp your fit just because it fits inside the bare minimum, because you are wasting a lot of utility for yourself in the fleet

Edited by Izumi Uchiya
Typo

Awards

I am actually really looking forward to this.

Curious if there will be any possibility for some kind of minimum fit for alphas...

But it will take some time to determine that for sure.

if worst case scenario hits, and still cant do it with alphas, i'd advise to just get 1 plex somehow (loan, mine, realmoney, etc.) to begin with, train into some minimum fit like literally in no time, then get into WTM fleets! After that you can farm out any kind of ISK you want for future plexs , paying back the loan , and anything else you want. Its just a matter of willing, really.

In any case chin up and stay tuned!

Awards

I don't see Alpha's getting into HQ's very easily, if at all. Although, a battleship might be able to be built for assualts, has roughly the same isk per hour.. a bit less than HQ's. Only issue with that is at the end of the day, we are a HQ community, and only run assualts if low numbers, or trying to get thru early influence. 

As much as id love to see many more people joining the community, even as alpha's i have to agree with Izumi, It'll be very difficult to determine what a viable fit for alpha's would be until we know What skills alphas will actually be able to train, not to mention alphas are still limited to 5.5mill Sp unless you omega for a bit, then retaining the skills you acquired in Omega when you go back to alpha. In my experience though, once you can go Omega, you can play to play easily for 15hrs of incursion time over the course of 30days.

Awards