KFrost

Fleet Efficiency - suggestions -

52 minutes ago, Den Talidar said:

Can this thread be locked as it is 2 years old and being brought back from the dead?

~T

There's discussion happening. No need to close it down, but feel free to start new threads as you wish.

I'm very-much pro-subscription, but... Sometimes life poops on you.

Barring Alphas would be too much IMHO, which takes us to Overflow Fleet turf.

If you take an HQ ship fit you won't need a Shield Booster.  90k ehp is enough really.

So a VG Booster would need Info & Skirmish.

Obviously this is pure theory-crafting but...

[Tengu, WTM VG Command?]
Damage Control II
Dark Blood Power Diagnostic System

EM Ward Amplifier II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Thukker Large Shield Extender
Peripheral Compact Target Painter
Peripheral Compact Target Painter

Skirmish Command Burst II
Information Command Burst II
Large 'Regard' Remote Capacitor Transmitter
Pithum A-Type Medium Remote Shield Booster

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Command Processor I

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Supplemental Screening
Tengu Offensive - Support Processor
Tengu Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst

Sensor Optimization Charge x300
Electronic Hardening Charge x300
Interdiction Maneuvers Charge x300

As a command ship.

Slam some VG's, 3 systems to avoid rivals in, hey presto.

If you can take off 1 invuln safely add a tracking computer.

Fleshing this out a bit. As a viable Plan B should we get too busy.

The above command ship does not mess up a ship's rigs.  There is no need to mutilate HQ ships.

If an invuln can be taken off safely then a Sensor Booster or Tracking comp can be added.

But...

All those frigates mean Guns will need to be swapped.  Tach's will have to be swapped for Mega-pulses. 1400's will need to be changed to 800's or 1200's.  Vindis will not need to change.

So you'll have to carry 'VG parts' for if you end up in overflow.

All viable :)

That'll be it from me now. Plan B should work fine, based on what I have seen of VG's in both High & Null Sec :)

IRL game comes before EVE Online Game.  Never the contrary. Just that to play full extents we might need omega.

The trick is to encourage people to upgrade without being punitive.  The number of T2 invuln fits is what kills ships and stops 6 logi TCRCs etc.

The other thing is too many people just stay with Pith B's which are enough to save them - but Pith A's save the next guy because the additional resists frees up reps for hard switches. 

I agree on the High End fits, but...

As a disabled pilot who has to PLEX I am wary about having all your eggs in one basket. You might be a bit slow to broadcast due to a fluffy moment, or get unlucky crossing Niarja, & then you are stuffed.

So 0-60 in 3 seconds probably should be 0-60 in 12s ( one shiny in each empire ).

With the VG over-flow thing you lose the prop-module & maybe 1 invuln.  That frees up slots for Sensor Boosters & Tracking Comps. It will work even better ( faster sites ) if those new items added are shiny. T2 guns will be important too.  In fact T2 guns should be the first port of call, before you buy shinies, on any hull you want to fly.

With more choice on what sites you fly there will be less boredom. With less boredom more people will be up for spending more on ships too.  As they'll be hanging around with us more.

I used to fly with Ditanian a couple of years back. They were obsessed with Shiny as they went for TVP.  TVP loved shiny too.  Shiny helps, but it takes time to accrue the parts & hulls needed to do it in a gank-free way.  Taking ages means boredom, which is why variety in site becomes relevant too.

If we can make our ISK-grinding less boring then I think it will benefit the fleet over-all.  A 'chore' becomes a pleasure.

Updated shield command fit:

[Tengu, WTM VG Command?]
Damage Control II

Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Thukker Large Shield Extender
Domination Target Painter

Skirmish Command Burst II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Supplemental Screening
Tengu Offensive - Support Processor
Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization

Sensor Optimization Charge x300
Electronic Hardening Charge x300
Interdiction Maneuvers Charge x300

More Tank, less painter.

Posted (edited)

Another important point.  Blackout.

Some people may well be using Incursion more to raise ISK to replace a lost carrier. So expecting high-end kit to show up quickly won't happen when 50% of your Concord Bounties paid heads out to Null.

Then you get Multi-training stuff. 1.5b ISK right there.  500 PLEX at 1.7b ISK.

If you want to stamp on Alphas then encouraging to go Omega is an option ( I do it ), but... You'd have to take notes on Alphas and how long they fly with us.  And that is a lot for FC's to monitor.

This is my current Alpha Mach:

[Machariel, Alpaca Blappa!]
Damage Control II
Tracking Enhancer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

500MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II

Domination 1400mm Howitzer Artillery
Small Tractor Beam I

Large Core Defense Field Extender II
Large Ancillary Current Router II
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Federation Navy Ogre x5

Tracking Speed Script x2
Republic Fleet Depleted Uranium L x16045
Republic Fleet EMP L x12019
Standard Drop Booster x6

I was told 2 Pith C's was overtanking.  It needs a bit of work still, but means if I fail to Plex in time I'm not too much of a sand-bag.

But then I'm a regular-flyer. It's my space-mining, unlike the Rorq bros in Null.

Those guns weren't cheap.  That's the point really.

I can't fly that Command ship to a basic non-mind-link level for another month FYI. If the Fleet chooses to run overflow.

Edited by Brok Haslack

Posted (edited)

Pith B's are about saving you. 

Pith A's are about saving the next guy too.

Don't be that guy, upgrade to Pith A's today. 

Since you can be held with 2 to 3 reppers from 6 Logi in a TCRC when you have Pith A's and since you can overheat then there is a low probability logi will be over repping you.  When Logi does not over rep, logi does not get aggro and Logi has enough reps to handle hard switches.  

Edited by Davionious

Pith A prices are horrendous, & we have time-zone issues now with FC's.

I think realistic targets help.  I'm daytime to evening EU, so can only cobble together so much.

Also...

In September shield 'Slaves' are coming. That will help.  1 clone to cover multiple hulls etc.  As a Scimi, Vindi, & Leshak, pilot i'm interested here, All 3 hulls could do with a bit more shield layer.  That may well free up some Logi ( saving the next man ).

But...

Ditanian Leshaks can sit next to sniper targets, at VERY long range from their Logi, and top each other up if needed using Leshak Reps.

We can't.

Now factor in the Nestor.  Mega-reps in the DPS pile.

Bling won't fix this. Not this time if I am right.  Ditanian have the tools, & we don't ( yet ).

And that means dodging. Which is why I was interested in this old thread.

Posted (edited)

Personally, at this stage, I have a Bowhead in each empire.

As I tend to move Scimi, Basi, & DPS, to focus. Logi 5 is in training.

With the EU daytime-to-evening time-zone being a bit weak at present it's hard to cover losses.

I think Shield 'Slaves' would be better than 'mega bling'. Simply because of how many Nulseccers will be reactivating their High Sec stuff due to Blackout.

Plus we have Armor layer. Buffer. Before we even hit hull. I think dual Pith B's plus shield 'slaves' will do the job.

That's just my view really, but bankrupting newbs if they get ganked is not gonna help anyone.  Bling-dependency doesn't fix this IMHO.  Not with the Nestor - Leshak balance so against us.  Hard Switches kill ships, I agree, but that Nestor factor means... We need to think differently.  Shield Slaves is 1 pod for all hulls, & pods can run from ganks pretty quickly.

And I very much doubt that a set of Shield 'slaves' will be cheap.

Edited by Brok Haslack
Numbers hurt.

Posted (edited)

If we can get enough people into entry-level Leshaks, because of shield 'slaves' making them safer, then we stand a better chance in TCRC. That's the bottom line as I see it.  There will always be tricky waves, but the Leshak is just too big a game-changer. We need them too.

And if we run VG's for fun then that is R & R for tired pilots.

With Pith B's I see:  77/77/83/86

With Pith A's I see:  79/79/84/87 . Only an extra 6k ehp.

If Shield Slaves give me an extra 40% shield layer then... I'm pretty sure that that is more than 6k extra ehp. It should be about 20-25k more ehp.

Team Shield 'slaves' ftw! 

Edited by Brok Haslack
Argh! Numbers!

Posted (edited)

Just Get c Types + a decent abyssal lse :P I have been running that since the introduction of leshaks to the game and its working fine.

Or before you upgrade to a types get a good abysmal lse fives you way more tank than a types for cheaper

Edited by Celina Knop

I know this is a tvp thing but maybe it would help. If you add rolls to the wait list to be checked by players willing. Maybe put a link next to them showing what do in each roll. Might make it easier for the fc's. 

Wayne Rand0m

13 minutes ago, Wayne Rand0m said:

I know this is a tvp thing but maybe it would help. If you add rolls to the wait list to be checked by players willing. Maybe put a link next to them showing what do in each roll. Might make it easier for the fc's. 

Wayne Rand0m

I like this. 

'Nuff said

The point of adding roles is that FC's would pick people who x-up for roles ahead of people who didn't in order to ensure roles were filled

Now standby for a beating from the "newbro friendly" police. 

(not that this is not newbro friendly because anyone can x-up to LEARN a role). 

Edited by Davionious

Sooooo....

Warp Drive Engaged.

Let's face it, wall to wall TPPH's are dull. So....

The issue with VG's is the amount of bouncing. That hurts the tick.  But our ships just got a speed buff.

That might allow us to VG and earn the same kinda ISK compared to HQ's. And at VG level shields have the edge.

TPPH's are about 23 minutes or some-such? As well as dull.  Community or not they are hurting us.

VG's can go 5-6 minutes per site, with a speed buff now in ( as of today ) to reduce wastage in warp.

Yes? No?  It does take some pressure off of our fleet.

What say you?

Linked to this thread: