nyxoftorment

skill plan

hey I am thinking of returning to incursions and was wanting to know if anyone had a skill plan that will get me into incursions I will be creating a new character so I will be skill injecting so I would like to keep it under 5b

thanks for that but it doesn't show how much skill points it all is so I can know how much it will cost. dunno if this works or not @Xoceac could u please tell me how much skillpoints are needed or anyone that knows please

1 hour ago, Izumi Uchiya said:

That will depend what skills you have now. Copy that skill plan into Evemon and it can tell you everything you need to know.

As I said I will create a new character 

Edited by nyxoftorment

@nyxoftorment a beginner character straight from the fires of birth will take you 3 large skill injectors to get the minimum skills for the Faction Battleships. The important skills to focus on include obviously the 2 Racial Battleship skills (for the hull), gunnery skills (for the guns of choice and T2 damage mods), shield skills (for T2 shield mods + get skills for T2 DCU). Then with remaining isk, I highly recommend pushing on some capacitor skills, fitting skills, drone skills. Then maybe some more points into battleships. 

My isk usage recommendation of 5Bill to not be a terrible incursion pilot, is as follows...

The starter fit (with some changes for lower entry skills) = about 650m 

Spoiler

[Vindicator, Vindicator Minimum]

Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
True Sansha Stasis Webifier
Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier
500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Modal Mega Neutron Particle Accelerator I

Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Federation Navy Ogre x5

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L x10000
Caldari Navy Tungsten Charge L x10000

Then lets move onto the skills. Initial skills for this fit are as follows. This does cost 3 skill injectors. Approx. 2.325Bill

Spoiler

Spaceship Command IV
Gallente Frigate I
Gallente Frigate II
Gallente Frigate III
Gallente Destroyer I
Gallente Destroyer II
Gallente Destroyer III
Gallente Cruiser I
Gallente Cruiser II
Gallente Cruiser III
Gallente Battlecruiser I
Gallente Battlecruiser II
Gallente Battlecruiser III
Gallente Battleship I
Minmatar Frigate I
Minmatar Frigate II
Minmatar Frigate III
Minmatar Destroyer I
Minmatar Destroyer II
Minmatar Destroyer III
Minmatar Cruiser I
Minmatar Cruiser II
Minmatar Cruiser III
Minmatar Battlecruiser I
Minmatar Battlecruiser II
Minmatar Battlecruiser III
Minmatar Battleship I
Weapon Upgrades III
Weapon Upgrades IV
Hull Upgrades III
Hull Upgrades IV
Tactical Shield Manipulation III
Tactical Shield Manipulation IV
Gunnery V
Small Hybrid Turret I
Small Hybrid Turret II
Small Hybrid Turret III
Medium Hybrid Turret I
Medium Hybrid Turret II
Medium Hybrid Turret III
Large Hybrid Turret I
Drones II
Drones III
Drones IV
Drones V
Heavy Drone Operation I

So you have about 2Bill leftover. Of course your choice to stick with this, or perhaps use the remaining isk on being better, as follows. 

Spoiler

Large Hybrid Turret II
Large Hybrid Turret III
Capacitor Management IV
Capacitor Systems Operation IV
Controlled Bursts III
Controlled Bursts IV
Sharpshooter IV
Motion Prediction III
Motion Prediction IV
Rapid Firing IV
Surgical Strike II
Surgical Strike III
Surgical Strike IV
Evasive Maneuvering II
Evasive Maneuvering III
High Speed Maneuvering II
High Speed Maneuvering III
High Speed Maneuvering IV
Navigation IV
Warp Drive Operation II
Warp Drive Operation III
Warp Drive Operation IV
Target Management III
Target Management IV
Target Management V
Signature Analysis II
Signature Analysis III
Signature Analysis IV
Long Range Targeting II
Long Range Targeting III

This will then put your total investment to your target of 5Bill. Of course, I'm certain I've missed certain skills, and they'll be plenty of people who'll argue this list, but this is just my humble opinion. After this is complete, get the Racial Battleship skills to lvl 4, or if you're happy with slow lock speeds and only able to lock 3 targets, inject battleship instead.

If you would like any other advice, you're welcome to message in-game and be noted, I'm not a current FC with WTM. 

Turns out I also cannot edit... 

anyways. initial skill points needed are 1,132, 975. this has plenty left over.

Then the extra skills require 1,330, 047. 

Your quality of life in an incursion fleet increases greatly if you do invest that little bit extra. 

Hi all - a couple of question on these skill plans as I am hoping to get into incursions with you guys at some point soon-ish.

1. In both the Minimum & Optimal Mach plans, Minmatar BS and Gallente BS are only shown at lvl I - is this right? Especially as your Mael stepping stone plan has Minnie BS at 3.

2. Drone Sharpshooting is shown as required/suggested to be trained to 4. Given all the relevant Mach fits use Light/Medium drones is this necessary? Or does it affect Light Armor Maintenance drones in some way? (I've always thought that skill was for Sentries really, please correct me if I've got that wrong)

Thank you to the author of the skill plan guide as it is very useful. I know they are suggested plans. Just want to make sure I am training what is wanted and understand it properly.

7 hours ago, grinch said:

Hi all - a couple of question on these skill plans as I am hoping to get into incursions with you guys at some point soon-ish.

1. In both the Minimum & Optimal Mach plans, Minmatar BS and Gallente BS are only shown at lvl I - is this right? Especially as your Mael stepping stone plan has Minnie BS at 3.

2. Drone Sharpshooting is shown as required/suggested to be trained to 4. Given all the relevant Mach fits use Light/Medium drones is this necessary? Or does it affect Light Armor Maintenance drones in some way? (I've always thought that skill was for Sentries really, please correct me if I've got that wrong)

Thank you to the author of the skill plan guide as it is very useful. I know they are suggested plans. Just want to make sure I am training what is wanted and understand it properly.

Interesting stuff.

Battleship levels for Machariel are really useful cuz you gain paper and applied DPS. However you can already use your Mach on BS 1. And the "only" disadvantage is shown in your dps.

As for Drone Sharpshooting im going to be honest. I have no idea, why is that there. After some thinking i still only have 1 really almost irrelevant reasoning: If your drones shoot from more range, they orbit with more speed and they might be less vulnerable. Yeah... scratch this one. Orbit range doesnt change as i've been told :o)

Maybe back then, when this guide was written there were other circumstances also.

Edited by niki lasvegas

Awards

4 hours ago, grinch said:

For all the Pirate Battleships you ideally want both Battleship skills to 5 (except if you don't use a AB on your NM, then you don't care about Caldari BS with the NM) at some point.

Drones Orbit targets, Targets move => Drones are not always in their orbit distance, also Drone Chasing kicks in out of Optimal range of drones so having a higher optimal helps apply DPS (e.g. Hammerhead II Optimal is  (no skills) 4.2km and the chasing (using MWD) kicks in at a range of 5.6km)

(Also drones have set distance they are orbiting at when orbiting, skills don't change this distance)

Skill plan's decent, but it's not gospel, y'know? Train those things and you'll be okay in fleet, but there's a lot of stuff you'll want to get better at quickly, including the BS skills, and some stuff you maybe won't need as much of to get started.  Drone Sharpshooting... fit it in where you can. It *does* make your drones apply damage more effectively, because they end up outside their "usual" optimal range a fair amount of the time when chasing moving targets.

Awards

Great! Thanks to all who responded. I will queue up Drone Sharpshooter IV. (It's a short-ish queue for Mael, a bit longer for Mach and a lot longer for NM). :)

Hope to see you in fleet at some stage.