Sign in to follow this  
Throte Punch

Another Newbro saying Hi with ship questions

Hi WTM!!!  i would very much like to partake  in Incursions, however, to fly the Optimal Vindi would be 169day away with my highest skilled alt.  Are the "Preferred Starter Battleships" still acceptable?  If so, how likely would I be accepted in the waiting list?

Please advise.

~TP

I tried to edit my post, but I waited too long so I can't.  Basically, I would like to enhance my first post.  My alt can fly the Golem that is listed, however some of the modules don't make any sense to me like:

Large Solace Scoped Remote Armor Repairer
Large Remote Hull Repairer
Large 'Regard' Remote Capacitor Tansmitter

So, if I fly my Golem, will I then be a logi pilot in the incursion fleet?  I don't know anything about being a logi pilot and I wouldn't want to ruin anything; that's why I was aiming for the Rokh fit as a starter BS.  It seemed more simpler however I have to train the guns since I've just trained in missile skills.

Please advise.

~TP

Hello, I saw you in Local I think, so your questions might already be answered.

But:

WTM in trying to be especially accepting towards new members. As such we do not discriminate towards bad fits/skills/hulls, as long as we don't see a better alternative for the same skillset.

Meaning: You get into fleet as fast with an Hyperion then you do with a Vindicator or any other of our allowed hulls. It is first come, first serve in your category (sniper/short range dps/ logi)

If you fly a Golem, you will be a short range DPS ship, but Golem because of it's hight skill requirements requires T2 weapons.

The utility modules are there because the Golem has the slots, and some times people drop into armor or hull and it is nice to have some one then who can repair it without the person needing to dock up.

• Upvote 1

aah.... that makes sense.  I'll refit my golem per the fittings listed in WTM's site then and try to join.

Thank you for your quick response!!

Hi guys! I engaged in two WTM fleets wtih my Golem Ed Wardo character.  It was so fun.  The fleet style was so different vs PVP Eve-Uni blob/Stealth bomber styles.. I had a lot of fun; need to get acclimated to the incursion style FC stuff.

Can anyone recommend a proper ship? or is Golem good to go?

So a golem is actually pretty decent if you use your TPs on the right things, e.g. Mara sniper targets (instead of your own) and you don't have multiple of them.

The downside is delayed weapon damage (the reason you are short range dps, you it is not that delayed), because you are going to loose a salvo of damage now and then unless you think a head and maybe switch target a little ahead of time.

The preferred Incursion ships by our Community are Vindicator (Blaster, ,short range dps), Nightmare (Tachyons, sniper) and Machariel (Arty, sniper)

I personally have a slight dislike towards the Machariels, because Nightmares do more dps and have better application at the ranges we need.

Some people argue that Machariels are good to have in certain situations because of their superior alpha, which might help win contests (2 fleets fighting over a site, the one that did more damage to the rats/structure at the end wins and gets payed by concord). The basic thing behind it is, Machariels can try to sniper armor/hull damage (which have less resists then shield and thereby more base damage going through) with their higher alpha. But lets be honest even the best Machariel has so much worse tracking then a good nightmare, that in average they probably hit for less damage and only get a good alpha strike that they are so proud of now and then. Because the way guns work if you have none optimal tracking towards are target, you lose applied dps FAST.

Edit:

Our fitting page:

You can find out preferred hulls under Battleships -> Optimal Battleships and under Logistics :)

https://wl.warptome.net/fits/