Djanga Unchained

Newbro wants to join!

Sup everybody,

I'm a newbro interested in getting started with incursions. I skilled up a dedicated alt to fly a logi ship (as that's an aspect of the game I don't know at all yet) and skilled Logi up to V. Reading here and there, I think I have all the relevant skills and a brand new Scimitar to get started... and that's about it! I'm the kind of guy that reads up a lot before getting to do actual stuff: I read all the guides here and from TVP as well, but it all looks very confusing without any firsthand experience. I hope to get this part fixed ASAP. 

Other than that, let me introduce myself: my name is Nicola, I'm 32 y/o and I live in Italy (central EU TZ, if that somehow matters). My toon name is Djanga Unchained, and a post in here from some Django guy recently got me thinking how unoriginal we all are.:P I played Eve back in 2012-13 for some time, but eventually had to quit due to RL matters and only recently started over. Luckily I was able to retrieve both my old accounts, so I have a bit more SP than your average newbro, but as far as player skill goes, I've never been in a fleet of more than 5 people, never flown a logi, never even played a healer in my (longer than I'd like to admit) gaming career. 

The goal of this post was to introduce myself and state my noobishness on the matter, which I think I did. I'm really excited to get started, and as everybody seems to agree this is the go-to community for relaxed, friendly incursion running, I hope I too will be able to find my place among you guys. 

Cheers all, see you in game and fly casual!

Djanga

Hi Djanga!

Welcome to WTM!  Starting as Logi is a great idea.  Join all the logi chat channels, check all your MOTD and try to skill into a Basi as well.  Get with a Logi Trainer when you are ready to take on more.

For now, make sure your Scimitar fit is good, lock up all shield broadcasts, and ask questions in logi chat!  

Get ready to take some heat if you loose members in fleet.  You need to be ready for that.

Good luck and welcome!