Sign in to follow this  
The Larold

First time logi - time to transition from missions?

Howdy -

RL and kids' schedules got the better of me last year; returned to Eve recently.

My intention after attending the next Logi school (not sure when that is; signed up on the mailing list) is to start doing Logi for fleets during the U.S. daytime weekday hours. Looking forward to flying with you all.

How should I plan the transition when it comes to relocating from Osmon, switching clones to my Logi implants, etc? In other words, if it's 12pm and I'm in my mission clone in Osmon, do I switch clones, bring my Scimi to the dock-up station, and then wait an unknown amount of time? I'm totally fine with this - I just don't know if I should hope to be playing 30 minutes later or 2-3 hours later.

Also, what are the chances if I asked politely that I could be allowed to listen in to active fleet ops on TeamSpeak, just so I can get a feel for what to expect? I don't have a mic, and I wouldn't mind if I was muted. Was just hoping to listen in for 15-20 minutes.

FWIW, I've read both the Rookie Guide and Logi Rookie Guide, and have done my best to set up everything in accordance. Right now I'll be using the Scimi V Minimum fit, and using incursion isk to transition to Scimi V optimal asap.

My eveboard sheet if anyone is concerned about skills: http://eveboard.com/pilot/The_Larold

Thanks a bunch!

Hi Larold,

Pleased to make your acquaintance and welcome to Warp To Me. My name is Izumi, I am one of our Logi masters here that helps train new logi pilots and answer any questions they might have. I’m thrilled to see your interest!

Logi schools: These happen sporadically, based on when we can get our teachers in to hold one. They should send a notice out on the mailing list you mentioned, as well as the MOTD for the channel “WarpTo Logi”. If you have trouble making a school soon let me know and we can try to schedule one that fits a good time for you.

Clones: you can manage that as you wish. Personally, I have a clone specific for incursion Logi (helps with shield HP, capacitor usage, etc), which I leave wherever my logi ship is docked. Incursions spawn all over New Eden so Incursioners are nomadic by nature. You’ll bring your logi boat to dockup, and X-up through our Waitlist Manager – a link to this website will be in the general WTM chat channel MOTD. In there you will post your fit for approval to be invited into fleet. Wait times vary for a number of reasons, particularly day of the week and timezone. Logi is frequently in high demand, and it is unusual to wait more than an hour, more often than not there is room for you immediately or you’re next in line!

Comms: yes, we are happy to have you come listen in while we’re running. Send me a mail and I can get you connected, or simply ask in Local and let them know you’re a new Logi and I gave you the OK.

Other preparations: Thanks for reading our guides! It will really help you to be prepared before hitting grid, and Logi school should further help with that. Your skills look awesome, and I can promise you that incursion payouts make upgrading a very quick process that can make a big difference to fleet efficiency and safety.

It sounds like you’re already well on your way to flying with us! Best next step would be to catch a Logi school as soon as you can. If you want to try and fly before then, ask in the “WarpTo Logi” or general WTM chat channels for an LM or CLT who can walk you through the basics. Feel free to contact me as well for any questions, or our Logi branch head “Kimina Tanai”. I expect we will live up to our reputation as #1 Newbro-Friendly Incursion Group!

Cheers,

Izumi

• Upvote 1

Thanks Izumi - that was an amazing and helpful response. One of the many reasons I'm looking forward to flying with you all.

I am going to play it safe and not try to fly in fleet until I've done a Logi School session. It's probably safer for everyone that way. Other than that, I just need to adjust my audible alarm threshold from mission-appropriate to incursion-appropriate.

Hopefully see you all soon!

Any of our capable commanders is able to explain to how to logi in our fleets. Don't feel scared to join one of our fleets, as safety is our number one concern. Everything will be explained to you so none are less safer for it.

If you still feel like doing a logi-school first, that's ofcourse fine by all of us.

• Upvote 1