Sign in to follow this  
Sputnik

Optimal Scimi 5 Ideas

So i was having a discussion In The logi chat in discord and found that there were lots of ideas floating around as to how the Scimi was Optimaly fit,

After doing some number crunching with an extra 120mil in fittings 45mil in implants and 2.5mil isk per hour you can make the current scimi fit cap stable

It looks like this 
-------------------------------------------------------------

[Scimitar, Scimitar V Optimal]

Dark Blood Capacitor Power Relay
Damage Control II

Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Shadow Serpentis Remote Tracking Computer
Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner

Large Remote Shield Booster II

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Acolyte II x5
Medium Armor Maintenance Bot II x1
Medium Hull Maintenance Bot II x1

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Inherent Implants 'Squire' Capacitor Systems Operation EO-603
Inherent Implants 'Squire' Capacitor Management EM-803

Standard Mindflood Booster x10

This retains a very similar price point to the original I realise there isn't a way to check implants, however even if people pretend to have them but don't you're getting the original optimal scimi 5 with slightly more cap to play with if people are in fact running the implants you get a cap stable scimi with 4 reps

the mindflood costs almost nothing and has no side effects for a logi pilot making it more than reasonable to run especially as marauder pilots are expect to run blue pill

Any thoughts, ideas, opinions? it's what i intend to run once I've sorted everything though regardless as it's Literally the optimal fit but cap stable. 

I was working on backstage on Scimi 5 , 

Basicly , with the nestors refit we have most of the time : 

- Scimi AB on TPPH 4 links 

- Scimi 5 links NRF

- Scimi 5 links TCRC

• Like 1

My two cents:

Fully cap stable scimi is nice, but not as useful as a 4 link scimi. There should not be any situations where a scimi needs to use all 4 reps long enough to cap out. iirc, the optimal scimi is like 2 minutes cap stable with everything running, which should be enough for initial and first swap (Especially since at least one of those targets is probably gonna be a marauder who won't let you rep them anyways...). Its more helpful to the fleet to work towards getting a trusted logi badge and bringing the extra link for DDDs than being cap stable.

Also you can make the scimi 4 rep stable without implants or drugs by fitting a C type hardener and 4 T2 CPRs

Edited by NCC1701PS Aivoras
  • Upvote 2

TBH the fourth link isn't useful EITHER, the way we train Scimi pilots nowadays. If we still had 'em drop extras onto HHH/VVV, a range links adds 100-200ish dps on those guys, but a fourth on DDD has no real effect. This is why I occasionally mention the DDA+Ogre Scimi; it is the most worthwhile thing to do with that fourth low.

I actually disagree with that Imelda. Before marauders when you actually had to kill almost all the frigs as DDD Vindi i was playing around it a lot. And the 4th link definitely helped. I will even say that even the 5th link helped. You could just simply feel the difference, when you are used to shooting frigs. Cant really explain it better than that.

On the other hand i am not sure how many frigs you need to actually shoot as a DDD nowadays mainly because of marauders (?) ...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, niki lasvegas said:

I actually disagree with that Imelda. Before marauders when you actually had to kill almost all the frigs as DDD Vindi i was playing around it a lot. And the 4th link definitely helped. I will even say that even the 5th link helped. You could just simply feel the difference, when you are used to shooting frigs. Cant really explain it better than that.

On the other hand i am not sure how many frigs you need to actually shoot as a DDD nowadays mainly because of marauders (?) ...

As someone that flies DDD a lot extra links to help I notice a difference up to 6 links, the types of links also matter personally I go for 1 opti, 3 tracking if I can get it.  If I am able to get 6 links the last two are another opti and tracking. 

DDD's mostly have heavy waves 2nd spawn NRF, 2nd wave TPPH and good DDD's with links have no issues in TCRC's.  The only other wave that's a little bit of a pain is 1st room TPPH if the links are late.

Edited by Thehoon

Funny you asked. ;D

Another discussion just started about it. Looks like people miss the sigamp on the scimi. Those people should just fly a loki tho' in my opinion.

Edited by niki lasvegas