Onizuki

That's Just How I Logi

Greetings, my name is Oni and I’m one of the LM’s with WTM. Thought I’d fill in this section of the forums by covering some of the things I do while I logi.

lCZr4V-nAQ79N24JtvxD8qScCmHxmvcDf-ZNjjQv

This is a brief look at my view when in fleet. I’m going to point out various things as I discuss them.

First I want to point out my Watch List. I have it set up in a way I feel makes my life easier with less thought.

pDUt0bEkZ0xOG0sVf3B-AukzRpTxHndonKiLmhwj

There is a lot in this but I tried to break it down as easily as I can. First pilot on my WL is always the AAA. Next I put my cap buddy/s then the cap chain in “reverse” order. By this I mean they are in the order I should cap people if a pilot/s is missing from grid, I just go down the WL until I either find a basi to cap or realize I’m the only basi on grid. After the cap chain I have the other logi pilots that are in fleet. After all the logi I put the FC, this serves to separate the logi pilots from any DPS pilots I may add as they get added.

Next I want to talk about managing reps. Managing your reps and your locked targets is a key skill to develop as a logi. The key thing I want to cover is staggering multiple reps on the same target.

MxU9o37B12StMsxDCi1LW7H2k_B9DcK0PgDXi272

As the picture above shows, I have two reps and a cap transfer on The Foshkey(scrubbing in a kronos) who is taking damage. Looking at the bottom where my reps are you can see the cycles of my reps are set about halfway through their time relative to each other. This means that i can pull one of the reps off The Foshkey and on to another pilot in ~2.9 seconds instead of the full 5.8 of cycle time. This also means that if The Foshkey is taking a lot of agro, the staggered reps will hold him at a higher shield level instead of bouncing full then back down while agro lands again.

There are a few other finer points on how to logi, but these are the few I find to be the most useful. For more information please attend one of our Logi Schools or feel free to talk with one of our LM’s or Residents. FC’s also know things but they mostly shoot guns :P

Edited by Onizuki
  • Upvote 2

Awards

Sky I have another one coming that will be going through WIP after some of the other LM's help refine it

Awards

18 hours ago, Onizuki said:

I have two reps and a cap transfer on The Foshkey(scrubbing in a kronos) who is taking damage

Hey man, lay off my Kronos, still a great ship to FC from during an influence grind. That's about the only time I ever fly it nowadays.

Just now, Foshkey said:

Hey man, lay off my Kronos, still a great ship to FC from during an influence grind. That's about the only time I ever fly it nowadays.

:P Im just joshing ya

Awards

So I like this post from Onizuki

I do very similar things. A list of the things I do when Logi in a Basi:

1) Go to Fleet Window -> Logi Squad -> Right click, add to Watchlist. (At start of fleet and from time to time).

2) I order my WL as 

1. Cap buddies (up, down if needed)
  2. AAA
  3. DDD (for re-sebo)
  4. Rest of Logi
  5. Other roles, (FC, VVV, MTAC)
  6. New guys

That watchlist order allows me to click-lock the first 3 or 4 every time I enter a grid, and get the key people I need to have locked to get chain up, set up orbit, start reps, give sebo.

3) After locking, move cap buddies to right most spots, then the DDD if giving sebo. I don't have to fool around with them this way.

4) Keep Basi chat up all the time, when not having to check fleet for something.

1 hour ago, wardad said:

i do the same as ibanix but, thinking about Onizulis post and waiting for LC Guide.

There is an LC guide in the works, just waiting on one of our departments to review and publish it.

Awards