Sign in to follow this  
Tani Makia

Public Service Announcement to Everyone Who Flies a Nightmare

The fit changed to improve our quality of life. The payment for this improvement is that we are ALL NOW MTACs. Please read the MTAC guide listed below. Please do the thing EVERY TCRC ALWAYS! If you cannot handle this find something else to fly.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The QoL changes with the new fits far out-weigh the requirement that all nightmares are MTAC.

If I may make a suggestion: can the FCs perhaps just choose a primary MTAC and have the other Nightmares as a backup in case something goes wrong?  The first time I joined with the new stuff and tried to MTAC I saw someone running the MTAC and as such I didn't also do it, and a couple of times when I tried to MTAC confusion reigned with multiple people trying to MTAC.  That second instance may be ripe for a situation where an MTAC gets dropped late and the tower heals up.  

Just my 2c on this.

Posted (edited)

Having multiple NMs attempt to MTAC simultaneously is good practice for when another fleet contests us. If another NM in fleet beats you to the MTAC, chances are another fleet's MTAC also would have done so. 

In any case, whoever manages to actually get the MTAC unit into their jetcan is responsible for dropping it, regardless of how many other NMs are nearby with their own jetcans. If you don't manage to get the MTAC into your jetcan, wait at the factory for the next one and let the person with the MTAC go do their thing

Edited by NCC1701PS Aivoras
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NCC1701PS Aivoras said:

...wait at the factory for the next one and let the person with the MTAC go do their thing

only one person should do the MTAC.  Sometimes the MTAC will spawn too soon and thus get dropped to soon leading to the tower repping before the 3rd MTAC spawns.  Given the Marauder situation, I'm not even sure we're getting past 2 MTAC drops anymore anyways, but it's just something to note.

52 minutes ago, Devin Darastrixgix said:

only one person should do the MTAC.  Sometimes the MTAC will spawn too soon and thus get dropped to soon leading to the tower repping before the 3rd MTAC spawns.  Given the Marauder situation, I'm not even sure we're getting past 2 MTAC drops anymore anyways, but it's just something to note.

That literally cannot happen. MTAC spawns every minute and a half. Tower needs new MTAC every two minutes. If someone drops every time it spawns it will never rep. And the experience has been lately that if all the NMs don't go over there and do it no one does it.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Devin Darastrixgix said:

Thats not how the MTAC spawn works.

When the site is initiated, the MTAC factory spawn cycle starts.  It isn't tied to the first pickup or drop.  

The only time you would be unable to drop an MTAC before reps is if there is a server/site issue that causes the spawn to bug(rare, but it happens), or someone tries to slowboat it.

FC can choose these kind of things in their own fleets. How many, and who.

Me personally ? I will have my NMs to try to MTAC. All of them. Okay, maybe excluding fairly new bro NMs, but even them should just read up on the subject and at least try to process the job, see it in action.

They should be competing with each other without real pressure, for just fun.
But better get used to this competition, because there is going to be one with another fleet, and a lot of times a good MTAC is pretty much essential for a contest win.

As far as MTAC dropping and tower repping mechanics go the previous commanders already explained so i wont bother. Just simply snatch it and drop it ASAP and look for the next one. Repeat until tower is dead. If you do that there is no such thing like "tower is repping cuz we dropped too soon". If the tower is repping between 2 drops thats simply because someone did not drop on time.

I have seen some newer Nightmares confused, or some nightmares who have gotten used to it sit there next to the factory and not realize that the nightmares who were doing it previously aren't in fleet anymore. Today over comms "hey pilot x, were you gonna MTAC" "oh damn, I guess I should get on that then" He was at the factory and not realizing that no one else was doing it lol. Its a newer thing that everyone is fit for it, I think we just need to be more mindful of what is happening in those terms.

Concurrent MTAC if fun in terms of training vs contest. Maybe they even should try to bump each other time to time for training purpose (not really unless they know what they are doing which is seem rare about anyone in fleet. Only should advice assuming people would not think about why and when, it seems, so sad?)

I'm glad my comment got some discussion going on this :D.  After reading through the thread a lot of it makes sense to me and I definitely get where you all are coming from.  

Like I said my concern was just that it might be a bit chaotic.  Last night for instance we had a NM who tractored the wrong can and flew off to the array.  I luckily noticed the mistake and took the correct can to do a drop, but those are some of the risks, albeit minor risks in a non contest situation.  I have to agree with Malcom on some of the newer nightmares being very confused, speaking from a relatively new MTAC's perspective.  I've blown up my own can once and learned from that mistake, but I've also started tractoring a can only to realize it's the wrong can with no MTAC in it. 

Don't get me wrong:  I like the fact that all nightmares are now MTAC in TCRC.  From a new MTAC's perspective a little structure might go a long way in getting it a bit more streamlined, at least until folks are more comfortable with it, that was what I was trying to get across.   I know MTAC is not rocket science, but it's VERY daunting if it's your first time doing it, doubly so during a contest, and even more so when you get bumped and you end up off course from the factory.