Sign in to follow this  
Barreiro

New Player - New activity

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. New bro here, 3 months old ( almost).

Found this activity a few days ago after listening to the podcast Talking in stations with Oxidizer Khaz. I am having not a great time with my current corp, the people, and community ( few guys, if I can call community) are great and they are the main reason I am still there, but our FC doesn't seem to want to command, teach, support or even share any plans or ideas with anyone. The toxic environment and rudeness towards new players are a constant and that is making a few of us looking to another home or stuff to do. When I was listening to that podcast, I was immediately sold to this type of activity and community and started immediately working on my skills and my Hyperion. I played like mental for 3 days in a row, ratings, PVP, mining, etc, just to inject and be able to join this activity.

I already can fly the Hyperion and the fit expressed on the website, my question about this is my cap, depletes in 5:40 with everything activated, can I improve this, or sounds reasonable? 

I'm currently based in Sinq Liason and I am trying to decide where to put a jump clone ( suggestions are gladly accepted), and also reading the guides and the webpage for WTM to get as much possible info and try not to screw up :) 

I hope to fly with you guys asap, really excited about this! 

Edited by Barreiro

Incursions are constantly moving. The location changes at least once a week. If you join our ingame channel "Warp To Me Incursions" you will see where we are currently located. We are happy to have you join us :)

Regarding your cap, the Hyperion is notoriously bad for cap. It's ok, we understand. When you get to your anchor, make sure you turn off your MWD. When you get below 30%, broadcast for cap. When you're next to a sansha battleship activate your Nosferatu on it. And when you can afford to upgrade to a Vindicator and then to a better MWD, do that.

Cap skills like capacitor management, capacitor systems operations, high speed maneuvering, and controlled bursts will help in the long run because the Vindicator isn't cap stable either, but the ship and MWD are the biggest upgrades.

I been flying with WTM for a few months now and can definitely attest to the awesomeness of the experience.

For me upgrading the MWD made the biggest quality of life difference, so consider actually upgrading MWD before upgrading to a Vindicator.

I realize that it seems like a large investment, but given the isk generated by a standing fleet, it is very doable in a relatively short period.

Additionally check out the implant guide, there are couple implants that will help with capacitor  issues as well.

35 minutes ago, Colomor said:

For me upgrading the MWD made the biggest quality of life difference, so consider actually upgrading MWD before upgrading to a Vindicator. 

Just Keep in mind we have an upgrade policy that enforces vindi first (at 30h)