Sign in to follow this  
Scop

Another new face - suggestions on what role to pick?

Hey there,

I have been playing EVE for some time now, with breaks, tried many different things but I never did Incursions before. I always wanted to, but my list of 'things-I-want-to-try-in-eve' is still getting longer, not shorter. Some days ago a corpmate told me about newbie friendly Incursion groups (he looked up TDF because he likes armor more), and I remembered your clip from the 'this is eve' video. So here I am. :-)

I am wondering what ship/role would be the easiest to start with? I have almost all skills at optimal for all optimal fittings from your list, DPS or logistics. Considering it is my very first time joining an Incursion fleet, do you think I am more useful in a Vidicator or Scimitar? What are the odds on getting a spot in a fleet with either DPS or logi, again considering my lack of experience?

Thanks a lot, looking forward to flying with you. ;-)

-Scop

I would recommend DPS as the easier role, but logi tends to be the more interesting day to day role. As a dps ship you have limited factors to worry about so it makes learning the sites and how we operate easier than trying to also keep the fleet alive. That being said, if you like or want to fly logi by all means hop in a lodgi and come save the DPS ships. We take new bros of all kinds including people who have never Logi'd a day in their life.

It's not quite cut and dry to say as each likes their own.  Personally I started out with a rokh, upgraded to vindi and now fly logi.  for some people logi is amazing awesome, the love it, for others they love being snipers or DPS.  Heck some even bring one of each.  So the way I look at it is if you just love to logi in fleets bring that, if you want to fly around and blow up rats bring a DPS or sniper boat.  The wait-list ebbs and flows with time it takes to get in fleet based off of supply of pilots and the demands of fleet.  And since we do not cherry pick (we operate first come first serve) one day a ship that took 5 mins to get in could take you an hour (which is another reason why some people bring multiple ships covering different roles)

Yea shooting things hard is fun, if you like DPS fly DPS until you're in an optimal fit or bored of the role

47 minutes ago, Onizuki said:

Yea shooting things hard is fun, if you like DPS fly DPS until you're in an optimal fit or bored of the role

Exactly what I did. Full on Vindi Optimal before anything else, bought a few other ships just to fill roles, but I still mostly fly my Vindi. Never get bored running up to something, webbing it down, and blasting it in the face.