Sign in to follow this  
MolochZ

Newbro Question: Is this fit acceptable?

Hi Everyone,

Just returned to the game and would love to join you all for my first Incursion.

Could someone have a look at this fit and tell me if it's good enough?

It's pretty much the only thing I can fly at the moment (at least for a few weeks).

Any advice would really be welcome. Complete noob when it comes to Incursions and Battleships in general.

Should I pull the trigger and buy? Will I be useful?

Thanks and Fly Safe!

WTM_RNI.jpg

Actually due to the surgical strike change that fit is currently acceptable. Our previous 70/100 rule is now 67/95. Be sure to upgrade your ship as soon as you can and I look forward to seeing you in fleet! :)

• Like 1

Awards

Hi Moloch,

As Blobert said, the RNI fit you have shown there is acceptable in our fleets. Please be aware that while we try to allow as many players and ships as possible try out incursions, we do ask that people try to make their way into the better performing Optimal ships once they have time to collect some ISK and incursion experience from running with us. Battleship-wise, depending on your skills that might be the Nightmare, the Vindicator, or perhaps even the newer Leshak battleship.

As for working on your fit in the meantime, I recommend you consider picking up a Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier. These are very affordable right now at just 10m ISK or so, and will give you better resists than the T2 version (although the T2 is indeed still acceptable). Given how much EM damage the Incursion Sansha do, it's a high priority in our fleets and you will find that mod used on many of our advertised fits as a result for its effective and affordable benefits.

Look forward to seeing you in fleet! Don't hesitate to reach out with further questions, that's why we're here doing what we do.

• Like 1

Awards

12 hours ago, Tani Makia said:

We can't see what the individual modules are on a screen shot but your EM is too low. Our fitting information is here: https://wl.warptome.net/fits/

Thanks for the reply.

Says there "Battleships must reach 67% shield resists (EM, Thermal, Explosive, Kinetic) without Command Bursts."

I could push it to 70% however if I really tried. I think I had another build with 70% but slightly lower DPS.

6 hours ago, Izumi Uchiya MD said:

Hi Moloch,

As Blobert said, the RNI fit you have shown there is acceptable in our fleets. Please be aware that while we try to allow as many players and ships as possible try out incursions, we do ask that people try to make their way into the better performing Optimal ships once they have time to collect some ISK and incursion experience from running with us. Battleship-wise, depending on your skills that might be the Nightmare, the Vindicator, or perhaps even the newer Leshak battleship.

As for working on your fit in the meantime, I recommend you consider picking up a Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier. These are very affordable right now at just 10m ISK or so, and will give you better resists than the T2 version (although the T2 is indeed still acceptable). Given how much EM damage the Incursion Sansha do, it's a high priority in our fleets and you will find that mod used on many of our advertised fits as a result for its effective and affordable benefits.

Look forward to seeing you in fleet! Don't hesitate to reach out with further questions, that's why we're here doing what we do.

Thanks!

Yeah I'll get the Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier after all. Definitely before I join.

Currently finishing off some Stealth Bomber training for the next week or so. Then I'm focusing on Battleships.

Looking forward to fly with you.

5 minutes ago, MolochZ said:

Thanks for the reply.

Says there "Battleships must reach 67% shield resists (EM, Thermal, Explosive, Kinetic) without Command Bursts."

I could push it to 70% however if I really tried. I think I had another build with 70% but slightly lower DPS.

Actually scratch that. 

It doesn't lower my DPS at all.

Buying Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier now.

The raven with a t2 setup might be a little tight on cpu, which is why our fits advertise a cpu lowslot. Meta launchers are a bit easier to do 4 ballistic control units though.

My advice for flying the raven is to try and burn a little ahead of time as the raven is not known for speed. Managing your cap is pretty much tied to just your prop mod, as missles don't use any cap, so practice cycling it off a little before you reach your destination and drift into your anchor spot. This will save you cap in the long run.

Missle damage has a delayed effect on targets, so keep in mind to switch to the next target before the previous one goes down, this will insure you aren't losing any dps before the sansha die. Right as they go into armor is a good time to switch over. Sometimes things will go down too quickly and it will be hard to keep up. One of the reasons missles aren't considered optimal in WTM fleets, are turrets are just that much faster at applying damage. 

Your target painter will help greatly with how well your missles apply (it will also help your fleet mates a little too ;)) have your target painter as your first module to activate, then split your torpedoes into 2 groups,  so you can do target painter, 1 second, first torpedo group, 1 second, second torpedo group. This insures your missles are going to apply well, you are wasting as few salvos as possible from targets dieing to quickly, and so you can cycle them off then back on to the next target in the correct order again. 

This covers some of the niche aspects of missile ships in HQ incursions, it should prepare you a little for the Vindicator though, our optimal dps boat. They both anchor the same and shoot the same targets, as you get more comfortable in the sites you can try and learn the anchor spots yourself, which will give you a leg up once you upgrade.  I myself flew the Barghest a long time myself before the Vindicator. 

Sorry for the wall of text, just love to minmax. :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Malcolm Galora said:

Sorry for the wall of text, just love to minmax. :P

Thanks great thanks.

Minmaxing is the way to go. Bring it on!

Shouldn't take me long before I can fly her.

Two days tops for the newbro build.

Edited by MolochZ

40 minutes ago, MolochZ said:

Thanks great thanks.

Meant to say 'That's great thanks'.

Can't type haha.