So with the new EDENCOM ships coming out, since their guns shoot 5 targets at a time if they're in range, are they going to be viable in Incursions? Low DPS sniper ships that hit 5 ships at a time. Hmmm. And even with safeties green, you might be able to shoot your fleet mates?? i think? Not 100% sure on that one yet. Just wondering what sort of role it will fill and how it could possibly be flown. Any ideas or input would be appreciated.

Awards

Safeties green it will not shoot fleet mates, not sure how wardecs, corps with friendly fire, or your own drones factor into it though. Likely this ship won't have a place in incursions, due to it not being much help on tower bashes. It also has VERY poor application on frigates and cruisers.

Posted (edited)

Well, they are coming out tomorrow, so we will see. I would assume WTM will do some testing, to see if it's viable.

Edited by Xoceac

Awards

Yeah, I would say, like most ships we deny in the fleet that any other ship is just better. Nestor? Pulsemare. Barghest? Vindicator. Machariel? Trashcan... I mean Tachmare!

Awards

5 minutes ago, Lord Sarevok said:

For HQs, I doubt it, but if they can apply to frigs, I could see these things tearing through Vanguards...

I did a little bit of testing on SiSi in some vanguard sites, the application has some missile aspects to it, that being explosion radius and velocity. The battleship gun has very very bad explosion velocity. And currently there are no modules/rigs that make it any better.

I've been playing around with the Thunderchild in Pyfa and really can't get it up to anything viable.

At max skill and highest DPS, it's 487 gun dps and 107 from augmented hobgoblins. That's a potential 487*5+109 = 2544 DPS, which is on the level of a vindi, but that's only when it can consistently hit 5 targets. Considering half our time is spent bashing a tower, that would drop down to 596 DPS... which is less than a max skilled version of anything else in fhe fleet except for a booster.

Considering that after that, it still has 1 open High slot, 4 med slots and 2 rig slots, it's probably going to be mission running powerhouse (and probably mid to large scale PvP too).

We've been analyzing it for PVP and can't come up with any way to make it work because it will hit fleetmates. You just can't space an attacking fleet out well enough to avoid friendly fire, which you get anywhere your safeties aren't green. Maybe High Sec PVE like for Invasions, but it's a pretty limited ship.

Awards

1 minute ago, Tani Makia said:

We've been analyzing it for PVP and can't come up with any way to make it work because it will hit fleetmates. You just can't space an attacking fleet out well enough to avoid friendly fire, which you get anywhere your safeties aren't green. Maybe High Sec PVE like for Invasions, but it's a pretty limited ship.

LOL.

"Safeties red and fire away."
"Sir? We are losing our own ships too."
"You will get SRPed, FIRE AWAY"

Yeah, we would know this ship wouldn't work for incursions and there is your proof. We can only hope for a new ship to get on grid to be a shield version of the Nestor. Other than that, I can't see anything new coming to grid any time soon.

Awards

43 minutes ago, Tani Makia said:

It would need to be for sniper comps, third party would probably be ideal.