Sign in to follow this  
Ezra Grayson

Proposed pulse mare positions

We've been trying different pulse nightmare positions for the last couple of days and would like to propose adding the following information to either one of the guides or in the nightmare MOTD.

Summary or proposed pulse nightmare positions in different sites

TCRC anchor is the same, TPPH last room is 75-80k slight left, just a little past the AAA, NRF, 75k straight from beacon

This is actually the optimal positions for all sniper ships. Our AAA anchor spots are mainly for logi rep range and not optimal shooting ranges. The NRF anchor is actually a 2 parter. You burn another 50-60km parallel to the beacon for the last wave. Each spot puts you about 40km from your targets.

For pulsemares it puts you right under your falloff. If you really want to get up in optimal ranges you would need to anchor almost like a leshak, but that would require some extra coordination with your cap buddy. Or a cap stable fit.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the confirmation.  Currently, the only information that nightmares get when they join is that they have to anchor on the AAA.  It would be nice to update the information in the guides to let the other nightmares know about these other optimal positions.  Based on the normalized DPS equations provided by Eve University, just getting 10km closer to the target can get us an increase of 20-30% improved DPS! This increase is fairly significant and the proposed update seems like it would be a low hanging fruit in improving overall fleet damage output.

image.thumb.png.220c1112d5e541b82f156fee3f358430.png

image.png

Edited by Ezra Grayson

Posted (edited)

I used to say and still sometimes do it when i have time : "keep at range 5000 meters until you get familiar with sites and know better than that".
As long as you are in range of logi optimal and sansha is ~at your best ammo optimal, you should be good tbh.

Edited by niki lasvegas

I'm glad we're in agreement, but I still want to push to include some footnote or update to the Anchor guide that this is acceptable.

Just last night, I got into a disagreement with the AAA when he started going off on why I wasn't anchored on him exactly but I was off to the side.  In addition, when I requested to be paired with another pulse nightmare, he purposely paired me with a beam nightmare.  When I asked why, he pointed at the anchor guide and told me I had no choice but to anchor on him and him only.  When I pointed out that the AAA position was mostly for logi, he started threatening to tell the FC that I was disobedient and not listening to the AAA. 

Until some formalized update goes to the various guides, there's no reason why the above behavior isn't repeated over and over again in every fleet I join when all I want to do is to increase the DPS output of my fellow snipers.

20 minutes ago, Ezra Grayson said:

Just last night, I got into a disagreement with the AAA when he started going off on why I wasn't anchored on him exactly but I was off to the side.  In addition, when I requested to be paired with another pulse nightmare, he purposely paired me with a beam nightmare.  When I asked why, he pointed at the anchor guide and told me I had no choice but to anchor on him and him only.  When I pointed out that the AAA position was mostly for logi, he started threatening to tell the FC that I was disobedient and not listening to the AAA. 

AAA isn't a command role, its just an anchor, most experienced people are anchoring themselves. Listen to your FC first always, but AAA should be worrying about themselves, if someone is harassing you like this again, let FC or another commander know.