Xoceac

Drugs Guide (Unofficial)

Posted (edited)

Drugs Guide

Drugs... are in fact... hmmmkaay. Ok? Use drugs. Drugs in EVE are a great way to improve your ship, even though the margins are small. They can improve your tracking, optimal range, damage and capacitor mostly. There are a LOT of other drugs you can use, but the drugs in this guide have no drawbacks and help your ship in my opinion, immensely. It can honestly make your cap stable, so you never have to broadcast for cap again. There are recommendations on what drugs you should use, because some drug slots overlap, but just use EVERYTHING you can. They are cheap and you earn them back with 1 site.

Skills.png  Biology V

You need to train this to be able to have it last for an hour long. Totally worth it though.

The Drugs

Dronse-II.png Agency 'Pyrolancea' DB5 Dose II (Dose II for short)

• Gives you an increase of 5% DPS.
  • Booster slot: 11
  • Recommended for: All pilots
  • Price ea: 5m~

This is a perfect drug for everyone to use. There is a 7% DPS one, but that's not worth it for incursions, they average at 30m. Perfect to lower site times for the fleet or for those contests against other communities.

Synth-Drop-Booster.png Synth Drop Booster

• Gives you a tracking speed bonus of 3%
  • Booster slot: 2
  • Recommended for: DDD (Drop over Frentix)
  • Price ea: 1.6m~

Want some more tracking, even though the upgrade is a slight upgrade? Get it, please. Yes, it's only 3%, but it helps so much.

Frentisx.pngSynth Frentix Booster

• Gives you an Optimal Range Modifier of 3%
  • Booster slot: 2
  • Recommended for: All pilots
  • Price ea: 2m~

You get that extra little range to hit things better. What is there not to like? Use it.

Mindflood.png Synth Mindflood Booster

• Gives you a Capacitor Modifier of 3%
  • Booster slot: 1
  • Recommended for: All Pilots
  • Price ea: 2m~

Honestly, everyone should be using this. Everyone is using their propulsion mod to get everywhere, get more cap. It doesn't overlap the other booster slots like the Drop and Frentix do, so there you can pick either one. This has it's seperate slot and imo, everyone should be using this.

Quafe-Zero.png Quafe Zero

• Gives you a Scan Resolution bonus and a Velocity Modifier of 5%
  • Booster slot: 1
  • Recommended for: Logistics
  • Price ea: 12m~

You can argue that this can also be used for Vindicators, faster lock up times and speeds are great for getting into range of the Sansha, but for the price of 12m ea, Mindflood might be better. That's countered though that it lasts a lot longer, 2 hours in fact. If you make 120m an hour, that's a steal. It's up to you, personally, I like my capacitor and use the Mindflood one for my VIndicator. If I would be flying a logistics ship though, I would go for the Quafe Zero.

Edited by Xoceac

Awards

Posted (edited)

Yeah the only thing i would fix is Drop. Drop is only good for DDD.

For the rest of the fleet Frentix is probably better and they are the same slot, so you cant use both at the same time.

But the big deal is really the Pyro 2 and the Mindflood (in a shieldfleet its actually really good). If you already have an optimal fit, your implants and you secured your Omega status then those 2 drugs are basically the next upgrade.

The guide should mention to train to Biology 5 as well, so the drugs last 1 whole hour.

Edited by niki lasvegas

5 minutes ago, Malcolm Galora said:

I like quafe zero for both battleships and logi, more lock speed and faster velocity. Booster lasts 3x that of a normal booster.

Just 2 times. And i personally would recommend Mindflood (same slot). For shield battleships definitely.
But yeah if you are a super-capstable logi Quafe is actually a great drug.

13 minutes ago, niki lasvegas said:

Super great but oh so expensive because it's a limited quantity item.

13 minutes ago, niki lasvegas said:

Just 2 times. And i personally would recommend Mindflood (same slot). For shield battleships definitely.

ah yeah, you right. I haven't used the synth boosters much, I usually use improved mindflood for logi, where the reductions aren't relevant. 

1 minute ago, Tallon Darkwyrm said:

Super great but oh so expensive because it's a limited quantity item.

Depends on supply, yeah. Having it last longer helps too. Right now its about 14mil in Amarr.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, niki lasvegas said:

Yeah the only thing i would fix is Drop. Drop is only good for DDD.

For the rest of the fleet Frentix is probably better and they are the same slot, so you cant use both at the same time.

But the big deal is really the Pyro 2 and the Mindflood (in a shieldfleet its actually really good). If you already have an optimal fit and you secured your Omega status then those 2 drugs are basically the next upgrade.

The guide should mention to train to Biology 5 as well, so the drugs last 1 whole hour.

As helpful as always Niki, thank you! I edited all of your suggestions, hope they are ok.

52 minutes ago, Malcolm Galora said:

I like quafe zero for both battleships and logi, more lock speed and faster velocity. Booster lasts 3x that of a normal booster.

I added Quafe Zero as well, didn't know that drug. I could bring some (to the dockups) and added some text of my own, hope you like it.

Edited by Xoceac

Awards

21 minutes ago, Michael Crusher said:

I don't honestly think Pyro is much help for me because it doesn't increase how much I rep people :(

Then pop an overclocker ds9 and make that basi burn!

12 hours ago, Michael Crusher said:

I don't honestly think Pyro is much help for me because it doesn't increase how much I rep people :(

Dunno, I can get an extra twenty-eight dps from my scimi with Dose IV.

• Like 1

when I was in TVP VG fleets we used a lot of drop in the VG sites, and really when you are dealing with those frigate sized ships, like the: DDD, those in the VG, and some assault sites do, that extra tracking is huge.

10 hours ago, Beyil said:

when I was in TVP VG fleets we used a lot of drop in the VG sites, and really when you are dealing with those frigate sized ships, like the: DDD, those in the VG, and some assault sites do, that extra tracking is huge.

Drop for DDD is really good, especially the improved/strong varieties. In HQs the velocity and shield buffer drawbacks can be a pain tho.