Aphrodites

Giving SRP Funds to Logi?

Here's a proposal. Each focus, or each 5 focuses, we tally up the increase in amount of money the SRP corp has. We distribute half of this increase to the Logi depending on how many times they've xed up, and this would both incentivize people to train into a Logi because they'd earn more money, but also lets them want to work better, as the SRP having to pay funds for someone means they'd earn less money.

1 hour ago, Aphrodites said:

Here's a proposal. Each focus, or each 5 focuses, we tally up the increase in amount of money the SRP corp has. We distribute half of this increase to the Logi depending on how many times they've xed up, and this would both incentivize people to train into a Logi because they'd earn more money, but also lets them want to work better, as the SRP having to pay funds for someone means they'd earn less money.

IMO Logies have a lot of incentives compared to DPS

1. Free ammo (Just rep and cap)

2. Free SRP coverage up 350M which is more than enough to cover a basic basi or blinged 2 link scimi

3. Optimal Logi Fits maxes out at 1B (if you ignore abyssal) which is comparatively cheaper than optimal dps ships eg. (vindis)

4. Short Waitlist (Coronavirus is anomaly)

But more importantly WTM values competent logis so usually I will suggest people wanting to join logi to try attend the WTM Logi School to get the rough idea how it works. I appreciate your input which in some way is already covered in point 2.

Awards

players gave it to me sometimes… I never asked for it, but it happened sometimes:x

Good logies will occasionally get tips.  I would not agree with this proposal.  Mainly because of the amount of sandbag logi I have had in my fleets recently.  

This would exacerbate that problem in my opinion.  Too many people would x up just for the extra isk.  

Currently 20% of sites I run, I have to remind logi to lock up shield broadcasts, we have an influx of newbro logi pilots, wheras this is not 100% a bad thing, I think if this went through, you would have more newbro pilots, going straight into logi, not knowing a thing about it, which may infact cause safety issues, I agree with carlos 100%, this is not a proposal I can agree with..