Sign in to follow this  
Margaret Kennedy

Rookie guide / Fits suggestion

Apart from the requirement to reach 100K EHP, there is very little said about required skills in both the fitting page and the rookie guide.

So when the FC called upon us to overheat our guns, it took me a while to figure out that I needed thermodynamics in order to do so.

I'm also going batshit crazy on Capacitor and Navigation skills, as I never seem to have enough to keep my MWD going while we slowboat to the next position.

I kind of wish I'd had those before I started. So mentioning that in one of the guides might help other newcomers. Feel free to add more skill suggestions if you'd happen to have any.

Well, we do have a skill guide here on the forums.

It might be a bit obscure / hard to find, and a link to it in the rookie guide might not hurt, but it's there. Have a look and see if that helps you.

• Like 1

Yeah CCP recently removed the overheating skill by default for new characters, so not everyone is going to have the ability now a days. Something some people might not be aware of, since its usually always been at least level 1 or something.

19 hours ago, FlameTounge said:

Well, we do have a skill guide here on the forums.

It might be a bit obscure / hard to find, and a link to it in the rookie guide might not hurt, but it's there. Have a look and see if that helps you.

Thanks for that @FlameTounge. Now thermodynamics isn't even on that list but it is a list. I do have my doubt about some aspects, like light drone skills for the Maelstrom even though the fitting page tells you to put heavy's on there. Or is there some kind of benifit to heavies that comes from the light drone skill line as well ?

Either way it pointed out quite a few holes, so skill books were bought and now we wait, again :)

Efficiency loading...

My 2009 main still doesn't have Thermodynamics so it's not a new thing. Or maybe it's a new/not new/ancient thing :D

And, no, you don't really need light drones skill on a Mael... or on any of our battleships really. Just bring Ogres, nobody will yell at you for having a bay full of Ogres.

Awards

Drones 5 is required to field 5 drones (duh).

Additional drone skills mean additional speed/dps/tank for the drones.  They're your drones, so your skills determine their outputs.

12 hours ago, Margaret Kennedy said:

I do have my doubt about some aspects, like light drone skills for the Maelstrom

Is this because some of the medium drone skills or race drone skills have light drone skills as a pre-requisite?  I can't comment specifically on Maelstrom fits, but I know on a VG-fleet Vindi I carry light drones (Navy Acolytes)...

Seeing how there are kind people about who love to hand out drugs to fellow fleet members, one should actually add Biology to that list as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jedediah Arndtz said:

Please tell me they hand out drugs from the back of a rusty orca?

I think it was a Scimi. Is that rusty enough for you ?