Sign in to follow this  
Nemrod Dreamwalker

Just a Hello from Newbro Nemrod

Hi,

just found my way into Incursions with you guys and did want to say hi and Introduce myself a bit.
(hope thats the right area for that :3 )

My IG Name is Nemrod Dreamwalker, named Michael in rl.
Im 35 Years old and from germany.

I Play Eve since 2012 but with a lot of breaks.
Last break took 1 1/2 years and i reentered around christmas.

My english is... mh.. how to describe it....MEH....

I mean.. i can write and read it, but i have issues speaking it or understand it when someone speak it (especially those fcs who speak like 200 words/minute)
but i try to learn it :D. Didnt speak or listened to english for the last 18 years, so sorry if i missunderstand or miss something, but i always give my best.

Thanks so far for my first 3 Incursion fleets in eve, fly safe all, have a nice day and see you in fleet :)

• Like 2

Welcome @Nemrod Dreamwalker!

I see you are a blaster Pilot/brawler. (My favorite) i hope you're having fun with it :]

Also: if you have any questions about being a DPS ship, do not hesitate to ask!

I met you last night during a tower bash, and i see you have the makings of a great DPS pilot. Keep having fun with WTM, and *lemme know when you have skills for the Vindicator. - You're on my Radar (good side)

looking forward to flying with you in fleets!

Good luck and goos fortune \m/

-VVR

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

Ahh, VVV, think you where the guy who poked me when i got a bit confused couse my drone bunny did dissapear and i took a bit to sort things out and forgot my blasters a sec xD.
I started 2 days ago and was completly broken and started in a Hyperion. did get me today a Vindi, so i am sure it will get better :D

i am a native Gallente, so my skills there are at least ok (T2 weapons and at least avarage skills so far. most on 4 some on 5).
But tbh, i never skilled anything at minmatar... not even frigs... so i did race it up but that part of vindi skills are... poor.

For now it will work i think :)
was in a fleet for a little bit today with my new vindi and i cant complain (i got now the vindi intermed. fit).

ATM i just follow my vvv all the time couse i am always afraid to mess it up atm xD. so i panic a little bit if vvv isnt on grid.

i did start reading The Short Range DPS Pilot and the Anchoring Giude and try to learn it, but i am a slow learner... so could take a bit to get comfy and not only rely on the guy i follow xD.

But i give my best to contribute the best i can for the fleet o7

• Upvote 1

Lol Yessir. Congratulations on your Vindi!!! \m/

Annnd no worries friend! Take your time learning (i am a slow learner too) 

I know first starting off can be a little overwhelming, (I actually lost my 1st Vindi my 2nd night of incursions, 3months of missioning to get it) - but dont tell anyone that ;]

So have no fear friend! You're in a welcoming community committed to Fun, and Improving our skills playing Eve - alll while making isk for nice new toys.

Speaking of which: since you've shown Initiative: and actually took the time to find "DPS wisdom+Tactics" and Foshkey's: "Short Range DPS pilot"   annnnnd got yourself a brand new vindi

--> on Behalf of VVR, and the WTM community: I shall contract you a True Sansha Stasis Webifier, (15k Range). Send a Message to "Victor Victor Rothwulf" in game mail - So i can make sure i get the name right in Contracts.

Welcome again to WTM! \m/

• Like 1

Welcome, buddy! If you are ever in my fleet and I am talking too fast, just ask questions in fleet chat. Either I or another person will answer you relatively quickly. 

• Like 1

Couse we got time atm, i did read and think a bit.

Now i got a vindi and i like it, - like my Megathron when i did start playing eve (yes... i could barley afford it, could barley sit in it but it was my first BB in Eve and i loved it too even missions in it was horror! :D

But maybe it would be a good idea just for the variety, maybe some other stuff would be nice to start with... but... no idea what.. xD.

In many mmorpgs i did play the Healer or Tank... maybe sounds crazy but the Hyperion and now Vindi were the first dps "jobs" i played so far in a mmo xD.
So i did think about trying logi... ok would take some time to get the missing skills... so i did think more.... me makeing a mistake and a few billions explode.... naaaah... dont think so... i already can feel the pressure.... (thumbs up from me for every logi <3 )

Mh.. ok whats left than?
Sniper ships... mh...

Machariel i did hear often.. was a really famous ship as i remember....

or the Nightmare.... well.. never flyed any Laser ship... so far nearly only Gallente... mh...

dang i running in circles and still dont know what would be a good idea or worth a try..

so i wrote this, what are your thoughts for a Beginner in Incursions to vary his abilitys and switch to different things if needed?

And just so you know it, in my early years i made mining only for long time, than expanding to some inventing, production and tradeing which was fine by me.

L4 missions i didnt touch really until the last months... so my experience with fighting is... shameful no matter if pve or pvp... so.. i have really no clue what would be a good idea.

What would be a good idea to help the fleet as a beginner?

-Hope i could translate my thoughts in a understandable matter :3

Edited by Nemrod Dreamwalker

Really, the *next* thing to do is to get really good at the ship you're trained for. Vindicators do a lot of stuff:

1) Memorize the target priorities for the rooms & sites, so that you can start burning and web down the correct thing as soon as you land, even if FC hasn't tagged yet. Also, *calling* those webs, so that you can coordinate with others.Getting the Ostingeles webbed next to each other so that you can burn 'em all down at once is a fun little mini-game :D

2) VVV! Learn where the anchor spots are. Learn how to powerslide to a stop 5km *beyond* the anchor spots, so that all those people following you at 5km end up sitting RIGHT in the middle of the next spawn. A good VVV is the difference between a DPS squad that fires at max damage and one that fires at half damage.

3) HHH. Same general idea. Be the guy who sends drones 5km to their next target, not the one who makes them run 50km across the field.

4) DDD. You know the trick where you can make drones chew on a Renyn over there, while webbing & pounding on Schmaeels over here? Can you end a TCRC with a pile of dead Niarjas sitting right at your feet? This stuff matters.

Once you've got all that down... usually if somebody is looking for a second ship type, they'll go for logi. It's a longish train, about ten weeks if you're starting from just the battleship skills, but that just means you've got time to practice that DDD trick :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Awards

thats a good point ^^.

well sure i will try that too.

Just thought about if the fleet got 20 dps on wait list and is missing sniper.. or logi in fleet and not one in waitlist.
for that kind of cases.

just did check it.. no matter if machariel, nightmare or Basilisk... nearly exactly 26 days for each ship (couse i lack the t2 weapons on the snipers and the caldari cruiser/logi skill)

:D

but your right, maybe its better to became better first at what i already do, than trying to fill possible gaps in roles i never tryed so far T_T

3 hours ago, Nemrod Dreamwalker said:

😐
3 hours ago, Nemrod Dreamwalker said:

just did check it.. no matter if machariel, nightmare or Basilisk... nearly exactly 26 days for each ship (couse i lack the t2 weapons on the snipers and the caldari cruiser/logi skill)

:D

Sitting in a Basilisk (logi ship) is way different than sitting in a DPS ship. Not to mention flying a Basilisk (logi ship) requires more skills. I hope that translated alright. I recommend that you read our Logi new bro guide found here:

Additionally, you should check out the skills guide. This shows you the minimum skills needed for Scimitars and Basilisks:

Edited by Vargon Penken
  • Like 1

I just realized 2 things which i have problems with.

1: couse of my english speaking skills i really feel uncomfy on the rare times i use voice couse i feel weird speaking english xD, so i evade it if possible atm xD (ET 21 means 10 p.m. at me, until than i could speak, after that to prevent wife aggro i am silent anyway :D)

2: my site names are in german... so tcac etc are way different named so i always get confused ....

also i am really sorry, i spend now a good couple of hours, and i still get confused with the sites xD

in preparation for beein some day a vvv, i already tryed a few times to get to the right positions without looking at our vvv... well... i am just too uncoordinated... works better with my car... T_T always was way more off than i thought xD
but as long the fc isnt notice it or i burn back in time i will try from time to time xD

And once again, sure i am really happy to make some nice isk which i invested nearly complete in my vindi <3
But its always fun with you all, even if i have trouble to keep it up always or just guessing what you are talking... xD

Thanks for flying with me :D

• Like 2