Sign in to follow this  
GuyWhoLikesISK

How should i handle the logistics of Incursions?

This topic have been a little headache on my head since i started running incursions again. With every little module i upgrade, passing to use faction, or "blinging" my vindicator, more i fear each time mom pops and i need to move it. What should i do?

Any guides or strategies the more professionals do?

The vindicator has good hull hp and a good amount of lowslots, what I would do is drop all your weapon upgrades from the lows, and throw on t2 bulkheads in their place. Then in your midslots drop webs and put on LSEs. Offline your guns if you need more fitting, and put your prior modules in your cargo and refit when you are safely in the next dockup station.

This will add a ton of buffer that will deter potential gankers.

As an example:

Spoiler

[Vindicator, Vindicator Optimal]

Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

Pithum B-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum B-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Core X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Large Hybrid Burst Aerator II
[Empty Rig slot]

you could even drop the mwd and put on another lse, but those take up a lot of cargo space. Safe Travels o7

Another option is to move the vindi itself with a travel fit similar to that, but then go back in a shuttle or something and bring the 'bling' separately in a fast cloaky ship. This is more time / effort, but splits up the risk. I personally use a Blockade Runner for my expensive modules (which can conveniently bring the shuttle back too), and then I had been using a bowhead to move the hulls and basic mods. With only one hull, you wouldn't need the bowhead, of course. 

But with that fit Malcolm suggested, 230k EHP (260k with heat) is pretty solid. Until your accumulated bling reaches some threshold, you're probably ok with that.

There's also http://eve-gatecheck.space/eve/ which tells you (mostly) about the number of recent kills in systems along a route. It's kinda useful, but you have to use some common sense with it too. Checking dotlan or zkill of the lower security systems is also a good plan.

I also do what Flame does. I use a very fast cloaky ship to move my bling. I also use this ship to scout local to ensure there are not enough players in a system or surrounding system to kill my bowhead. If there are I will use my cloaky ship to figure out if the players are a risk to me. 

You can also use http://evemaps.dotlan.net/

It will break down kills per system. Then I go to https://zkillboard.com/ to see what was killed in those systems. It takes a large fleet to kill something over 100k EHP. The higher the better. Bowheads are around 600k EHP. It takes a very large fleet to kill that.