Sign in to follow this  
Sofia Borowiak

New recruits thoughts...

Hello WarpToMe community,

Wow. Just WOW!

Rarely do I stumble across such a welcoming community.

Between Anchors, Logi and FC - Holy crap, you really are dialed in to what you are doing.

I signed up in June. I joined a player corp on day 2 and on day 3 I joined armor Triglavian Invasion fleet. I guess most of you know triglavians do not ask you to move around a whole lot. Warp in, maybe a second warp if it is a Minor Conduit, anchor on the Packrat, shoot everything until they are dead.

I know I am struggling with keeping up with my anchor and shooting my targets but at the end of each day I know I am making progress. No one has said it but I know progress is good enough. I do not have to be an expert on everything Sansha Invasions on day 1.

Tomorrow is day 3, I am already looking forward to it and I have all of you to thank for it.

Warp To Me, you are simply awesome.

Best regards,
Sofia Bororiak Vindicator pilot

Edited by Sofia Borowiak
  • Like 3

I took aggro today. First time in an Incursion fleet. I think it took me 2½ second to broadcast for shields. It felt kind of late. Next time I'll get it down to 1½ seconds.

TL;DR;
I spent my first 3-4 months in armor fleets. Shields? It's a tiny buffer, right?
I don't like dying. Will do all I can to avoid it. I love my Vindicator way too much to see it turn into a wreck.

Edited by Sofia Borowiak

\m/ <3 \m/ fellow Vindi Pilot!

Certainly glad you're having fun Flying in Fleet :]

And it is awsome you have the drive to Improve your abilities, im sure you'll be BC fast in no-time! and with that drive you'll be Slappin' Sansha like Niki.

Yeah, shields are nice because we can Overheat our invulns for a nice resistance bonus (Two reasons we have pilots 'stagger' their Invulns: In case of being Nueted out, or  if you need to Overheat your Adaptive Invulns). And im sure you saw the Logi keep your Vindi from being scratched :]

Welcome again!

Good Luck and Good Fortune, look forward to having you in Fleet!

I love seeing some new players getting involved and active with the community, welcome! There's a lot of good resources here on the forum to help you really push the limit on your ship and piloting.

And if you have any questions there are some AMAZING Vindi pilots here like Niki and Victor Victor here, or just any questions about incursions and WTM in general.  Look forward to having you in fleets! o7

Well one thing I'm struggling with is keeping up with my anchor. I keep at 5000. But if I turn off my mwd too late I bump into them. How do you deal with that?

I find that cutting my prop mod at about 20km from my destination (at least in my vindi) gets me pretty close on the coast in. So maybe use that your gauge for when to turn it off.

You could also read the Anchoring guide and try to get yourself to the spots on your own, which reduces the risk of bumping the anchor. If you try to get in position, then look at where the anchor actually is and adjust from there. You don't need to be the official anchor to try flying there. Best way is to use the Tactical Overlay (to see range and direction) and holding 'Q'. This lets you draw a line in space. First click sets your direction, then you can move the mouse to set elevation and click again to go (or just double click to go flat). This is also the best way to align down a gate, and get to the next gate through a TPPH. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

The fundamental answer is "practice and attention". Get used to how much you coast when you cut the MWD, get used to where the anchor spots are in the first place... Just keep an eye on your ship and what it's doing in response to your commands, and you'll get the right feel for it. It takes a bit of time, but you'll get there. Don't be too hard on yourself, and have fun.

(btw, the anchoring guide is in the Fleet MOTD if you click the VVV or AAA tag in it. It's also here: 

)

1 hour ago, Sofia Borowiak said:

too late I bump into them. How do you deal with that?

No worries! I used to do that a lot. Flame has an excellent suggestion, (crtl-d) is the shortcut for bringing up the tactical overlay, i also find that tactical camera helps alot.

Speaking of shortcut/hotkeys:

As a Vindi: I find my best friend is the 'Keep at Range Hotkey' which is (hold e + left click on target) it is great for preventing/reducing bumping inertia (because  if you spam keep at range when you're close to bumping -your Vindi will 'veer' away)

Practice using that K.A.R(keep at range) function, it is wonderful for Getting in the face of the Sansha/DPS tags, as well as your anchor. -- Now, the 'Target ' that you E+LeftClick could be an actual target that you have locked, could be something on your Overview (i like arranging it alphebettically) OR you can click someone in your Watchlist. 

K.A.R hotkey has many uses, from "Sliding" to "Brawling" to Anchoring on Anchor. Start practicing/getting used to the K.A.R hotkey, All things take a lil' muscle memory, so no worries- it took me a bit, but it was worth it all the way.