Izumi Uchiya MD

100% Loot Drop Event

The loot fairy is kind this week! CCP has announced that from downtime on Oct 29th - Nov 5th, all player ships that are killed in space will drop 100% of their fitted modules and cargo, unlike the usual loot fairy 50% chance RNG. This is partly good news for us, as any ships that we lose to the Sansha will get much more generous drops back. However, given that incursioners are known to fly high-value ships we are also expecting a significant risk of gank events. While we try to repay loot lost to gankers on a case by case basis, everyone should be more alert to the increased risks this week to prevent unnecessary losses.

1. LISTEN TO YOUR FC! They may have specific instructions for you, such as when to undock your ship, when to join grid, or what to do during a gank attempt, that may be out of the ordinary practices you are used to. 

2. Stay safe! Don't linger on stations, beacons, or gates any longer than necessary.

3. Keep your eyes open! If you are the first to see a pack of gank ships, inform the FC of what you are seeing and let them give directions. Packs of Catalysts, Taloses, Tornadoes, or Stealth Bombers are a bad sign!

4. Shiny at your own risk. While we do our best to avoid deaths, recover loot, and replace SRPable losses, the SRP for ganks is on a case-by-case basis. No need to go back to your dusty old T1 battleships, but this is maybe not the week for those Officer damage mods or one-in-a-million abyssal rolls.

5. Keep flying! At the end of the day, WTM is still about having fun flying incursions. While this may be a more eventful week than most, we're still going to get out there and fight the Sansha menace.

Edited by Izumi Uchiya MD

There is no way in New Eden that this won't turn into 'bash the Incursion-runner'.

I may well dust off my old T1's. I fly a mean Potato.

Realistically what stopped Gankers from operating outside of 0.5's & 0.6's was the cost.  Guaranteed Death (tm) with a risky drop. Now the 'risky drop' bit is being corrected.

As the phrase goes 'stuff that for a game of soldiers'.

Edited by Brok Haslack

15 hours ago, Izumi Uchiya MD said:

The loot fairy is kind this week! CCP has announced that from downtime on Oct 29th - Nov 5th, all player ships that are killed in space will drop 100% of their fitted modules and cargo, unlike the usual loot fairy 50% chance RNG. This is partly good news for us, as any ships that we lose to the Sansha will get much more generous drops back.

Pretty sure the 100% loot drop was officially announced as PVP-only during EVE Vegas though I could be wrong.

12 minutes ago, dustonio said:

Pretty sure the 100% loot drop was officially announced as PVP-only during EVE Vegas though I could be wrong.

Suicide Ganking is PVP even thou its onesided 

Awards

1 minute ago, Eliz Marbly said:

Suicide Ganking is PVP even thou its onesided 

I was referring to the remark that it's partly good news for incursion runners. Sansha are NPC so losses to them will still follow the ~50% RNG loot fairy algo.

Edited by dustonio

3 hours ago, dustonio said:

I was referring to the remark that it's partly good news for incursion runners. Sansha are NPC so losses to them will still follow the ~50% RNG loot fairy algo.

I was not at Vegas so I missed that bit. If you have a source/timestamp I'll gladly update the post.

3 minutes ago, Izumi Uchiya MD said:

I was not at Vegas so I missed that bit. If you have a source/timestamp I'll gladly update the post.

Bottom Left of the video at 38:41 on the Keynote Video: https://youtu.be/iej4IvGnR3I?t=2321

One thing to note is in that same video they say all destroyed player ships, not all player destroyed player ships so they kinda left that bit unknown for certain.

Edited by dustonio

5 minutes ago, dustonio said:

One thing to note is in that same video they say all destroyed player ships, not all player destroyed player ships so they kinda left that bit unknown for certain.

Thanks for the link! I just watched it, he said "any destroyed player ship". No mention of PvE or PvP at your time stamp or for the couple minutes I just watched.

2 minutes ago, Izumi Uchiya MD said:

Thanks for the link! I just watched it, he said "any destroyed player ship". No mention of PvE or PvP at your time stamp or for the couple minutes I just watched.

I have attached a partial screenshot which was taken from the bottom left of the video. As you can see under Trick or Treat, it says 100% PVP drops until 5 Nov.

chrome_90.png

9 hours ago, dustonio said:

I have attached a partial screenshot which was taken from the bottom left of the video. As you can see under Trick or Treat, it says 100% PVP drops until 5 Nov.

chrome_90.png

Well shoot, that is confusing. Guess I'll have to suicide a cheap frig to the Sansha.

I've just tested, and no 100% loot drop when i filled a corvette with crap and flew into a TCRC

BTW: FIRST POST YAY

Awards

The HQ system is in a 0.8, so it would take probably 40 smartbombing battleships to clear out a fleet. If you figure 100mil per ship, thats a 4 billion investment. (which is fucking huge for a gank fleet)

It might be fairly profitable still even at tha cost, but with so many easier targets out there nobody is likely put in that amount of effort unless they have motivations outside of just the ISK.

So a 4 bill investment.  And if ONE bling vindi drops that is dual pith A and faction lows it's about even.  But SB battleships dont go for the battleships.  They go for the logi. 

You hit the logi on a tcrc entrance and at least 4-6 battleships will die in the chaos. The challenge then is scooping all the juicy faction loot. 

That doesnt take into account officer or abyssal mods. 

This is a very lucrative option for gankers, make no mistake.

Don't the wrecks get damaged by SB? If they get destroyed then the loot value becomes zero especially with several SB BS?

Awards

Smart bombing happens on entry. Battleships die after the smart bombing has already ended. You may destroy a couple of logi wrecks but the battleship wrecks are caused by Sansha, not smart bombs.

Awards

9 minutes ago, Tani Makia said:

Smart bombing happens on entry. Battleships die after the smart bombing has already ended. You may destroy a couple of logi wrecks but the battleship wrecks are caused by Sansha, not smart bombs.

That would also mean the loot fairy will 50% RNG since its caused by PVE and not PVP

Awards

Only if there was NO damage to the battleships from the smart bombs. Generally there will be some, then the Sancha finish them off. It just stops before they're actually dead.

Awards

Im not sure where you guys got your info. But pure sansha kill just got a 100% loot drop. Dont speculate too hard guys. Its just that simple: everything drops if you blow up. No matter PvE or PvP.

Edited by niki lasvegas
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, niki lasvegas said:

Im not sure where you guys got your info. But pure sansha kill just got a 100% loot drop. Dont speculate too hard guys. Its just that simple: everything drops if you blow up. No matter PvE or PvP.

CCP did a confusing thing where they said everything at Eve Vegas, but both their site and a slide from that same presentation said 100% PVP drops until 5 Nov and that Trick or Treat was a PVP event. Leave it to CCP to goof like that.

For those who don't know, smartbombs have no effect on wrecks, so yes it is possible to loot after a SB gank.

Smartbombing only enough to kill logi and hoping the rats will kill the battleships has certainly been done. From what I understand it has never been particularly successful. My opinion is that it is a terrible strategy. The call from FC as soon as it is clear smartbombs will kill logi in such a scenario should be to broadcast a warp to and in all likelyhood only 1 or maybe 2 battleships will actually be scrammed by rats, and the rest of the fleet will warp off safe. You are looking at trading probably 10 SB battleships for (if the gankers are fairly lucky) all the logi and 3 battleships (and all the wrecks will be inside a live site and difficult to loot)

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure the paperwork on that is still hell for the incursion FC, but from the gankers' POV it's not an amazing victory unless the rats happen to pick their targets well, and even then it is a pain in the ass to get the loot out.

Gankers don't like plans that rely on luck. The only efficient way to do it that I can see is to essentially pipe bomb the entire fleet outside the site as they land.

(targeting a single well chosen battleship is another way but unless the hq system is in a 0.5 or 0.6 it doesn't make sense because you could just gank battleships as they move through the pipe systems which is easier and cheaper)

With a spy in comms or a very good scout you could get your fleet into system just as the target finishes a TCRC, when they may be too distracted to see a 30-40 person local spike, and then you warp to their beacon right before they do, and wait there for the fleet to land.

As soon as they land you start locking them up. Each SB Battleship should have a few scrams. about 6 seconds after the first battleship lands you start smartbombing and scramming everything. You need enough smartbombs to do probably 120k damage. 150k for safety. In a 0.8, as I said, I'm guessing between 30 and 40 SB Battleships should do it. About 15-20 seconds after the smartbombs start 2 haulers warp on grid; they should land just after everything is dead and the bombing has stopped (everything includes all those shiny ascendency pods) Hauler 1 loots all the wrecks and jettisons cargo. Hauler 2 picks it up and warps off.

31 minutes ago, Lightsong the Bold said:

For those who don't know, smartbombs have no effect on wrecks, so yes it is possible to loot after a SB gank.

Smartbombing only enough to kill logi and hoping the rats will kill the battleships has certainly been done. From what I understand it has never been particularly successful. My opinion is that it is a terrible strategy. The call from FC as soon as it is clear smartbombs will kill logi in such a scenario should be to broadcast a warp to and in all likelyhood only 1 or maybe 2 battleships will actually be scrammed by rats, and the rest of the fleet will warp off safe. You are looking at trading probably 10 SB battleships for (if the gankers are fairly lucky) all the logi and 3 battleships (and all the wrecks will be inside a live site and difficult to loot)

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure the paperwork on that is still hell for the incursion FC, but from the gankers' POV it's not an amazing victory unless the rats happen to pick their targets well, and even then it is a pain in the ass to get the loot out.

Gankers don't like plans that rely on luck. The only efficient way to do it that I can see is to essentially pipe bomb the entire fleet outside the site as they land.

(targeting a single well chosen battleship is another way but unless the hq system is in a 0.5 or 0.6 it doesn't make sense because you could just gank battleships as they move through the pipe systems which is easier and cheaper)

With a spy in comms or a very good scout you could get your fleet into system just as the target finishes a TCRC, when they may be too distracted to see a 30-40 person local spike, and then you warp to their beacon right before they do, and wait there for the fleet to land.

As soon as they land you start locking them up. Each SB Battleship should have a few scrams. about 6 seconds after the first battleship lands you start smartbombing and scramming everything. You need enough smartbombs to do probably 120k damage. 150k for safety. In a 0.8, as I said, I'm guessing between 30 and 40 SB Battleships should do it. About 15-20 seconds after the smartbombs start 2 haulers warp on grid; they should land just after everything is dead and the bombing has stopped (everything includes all those shiny ascendency pods) Hauler 1 loots all the wrecks and jettisons cargo. Hauler 2 picks it up and warps off.

The FC will not broadcast a warp to, instead will tell the fleet to warp anywhere BUT asteroid belts(Sansha are in them), the time it takes for the FC to broadcast something + the line pilot to right click+warp and then get into warp, you’ll maybe lose a few more then if everyone just warped out.