Rayel

Warp speed implants?

I've only done incursions over the last two days, so keep that in mind :)

So I was reading the implants guide. And the Ascendancy Implant set, especially the High-grade one, costs a bucket-load of ISK. And all for warp speed. Now, I get how warp speed can help finish more sites in a given period of time. But I can't really see that working unless mostly everyone has them. All that will happen is that the players who warp faster will spend that saved time sitting at the gate to the next site, waiting for the people that warp at slower/normal speed. Given that we're a newbie-friendly group, this is especially likely.

Am I missing something here?

The other thing it helps with is getting BS's on grid in sites faster so it's not just the Mach's and logistics chilling on grid trying to slap the Mara. Yea they are expensive, I recommend buying them one or two at a time between spawns so you spread the cost out. In the end implants are another way to make your ship a little better once you've upgraded the mods. We're still newbie friendly and don't expect a fleet with full ascendancy sets. It's more of a what can I spend isk on now that my ship is shiny.

I've looked at the sets, and for the price they're just not worth it for me. The Genolution set on the other hand is really good for the price, in my opinion, so I'm using that.

Yea Geno's are a great all purpose set. Some of the 'Advanced' fits even require them

+5s or bust.

Nah, I'll probably switch to geno just because it's a good, balanced set... after I train Logi V and all other BSs to V... and gun specs to V... and maybe some other stuff...

Dropping the Omega for a WS-615/618 drops the price down considerably for not much loss in performance. For sure though, they don't really do much while running the incursions themselves, except for making sure you're the first one on grid and getting hit all the time. But they are nice for moving around New Eden, who can say no to a 19.2 au/s travelceptor?

11 hours ago, Sovereign Enterprise said:

who can say no to a 19.2 au/s travelceptor?

Me, laughing from my leopard. :P

On 6/9/2016 at 2:26 PM, Foshkey said:

Me, laughing from my leopard. :P

Leopards are heretical nonsense and I won't stand for the.! :P

So Ascendency set isn't that usefully in HQs except for moving between spawns, but most of the other sets bring pretty little benefit too.

Contrary if you ever fly VGs an Ascendency set is the best you will get.

My personal recommendation comes down to what you fly. Machs genos usually you can upgrade the rcu to a pds. Logis genos,snakes, or halos. Genos for solid all arournd beneficial implant set. Snakes for speed halos for sig reduction. Nightmares can get good use of any of them. Vindi i love my ascendancys but genos or snakes are good. Honestly you can make anything work and it comes down to how do you want to play your game. 

• Upvote 1

Sandman, don't go telling logi to fly Halo sets. Halo Scimi's are terrible for other logi to save. Snakes are the way to go for logi.

Oni not as true as it used to be. Look how common rsebos are becoming. As long as the ddd is linked the rest should be on logis. One basi with a resebo can lock pretty damn fast and land those reps just fine. Not to mention those halos make the scimi damn hard to hit. Would i recommend it for a brand new bro prolly not. But its not hard to teach someone transversals and how to heat a tank or prop mod.