Posted (edited)

Can we have a channel that is completely muted from everyone but FC,

It's getting really fucking annoying to hear people talk about random shit that has nothing to do with the fleet.
there already enough Orange bubble talking about random shit and it's kinda annoying 

Took a break for a few weeks because I couldn't stand it anymore, Some FC asks for clear coms some others don't care. and I respect that but yeah that channel would be great.

Thanks you.

Edited by Fr3nchy

Hmm the only way I see this could work is if you would manually mute every one but the orange dots. Don't know it there is a shortcut like selecting all and kicking mute all but it might be a way for you :D ps I also sometimes like a quiet fleet lately and that's the way I do it

linked channel are very hard to do in ts and almost never work right. There is a way to do it with plugins for ts i can not recall the name atm I will post if i can find it.

Awards

I'd suggest just muting the people that chatter too much to your liking. Also, keep in mind that a call from a random line member that something is happening could well be the thing that saves you.

Just make sure you don't mute orange dots. Muting everyone but the FC would probably result in some very grumpy Logi Masters or back seat FCs if they're trying to talk to you for whatever reason.

EMBRACE THE CHATTER!!! 

Seriously though, it's the people that get involved that make the community what it is.  They are the people more likely to be around (helping keep fleets up), more likely to take roles (keeping us moving), and stick around enough to upgrade their ships (helping us run faster sites!).

But..if it's not your bag, then mute the chatterboxes :)

• Upvote 2

it's not the whole fleet it's certain people also the one that cannot use PRESS TO TALK for real are annoying AF, But I do enjoy flying WTM especially when Super hoover, Fiona and Ergon are around.

Thanks <3

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 5:53 PM, Fr3nchy said:

it's not the whole fleet it's certain people also the one that cannot use PRESS TO TALK for real are annoying AF, But I do enjoy flying WTM especially when Super hoover, Fiona and Ergon are around.

Thanks <3

Thanks dude <3 

• Like 1

actually now we are on mumble there is a function to create a quiet room where that room can only hear the command core, we do it on test server, bruce would need to look into that

2 hours ago, Pockets said:

actually now we are on mumble there is a function to create a quiet room where that room can only hear the command core, we do it on test server, bruce would need to look into that

Maybe we can look into his, when mumble stays at main coms.

Mumble do allow you to have a sub channel that its only listed to the main fc. Alliance use it because of the same reason you have people that dont tolerate the sperge so they go to the channel name appropriately: "Quiet"

They have something like this treen

Fleet
* FC

** Loud

*** Logi

*** DPS

** Quiet

Where everything under Loud communicate true whisper to talk.

FC its priority speak guys. and whoever is talking when they are taking get muted because FC its FC.

And people in Quiet just get voice commands from FC group.

Might be some of you will recognize this structure yes am there also. 

I agree that sometimes it a bit TOO much, though I wouldn't be with WTM or maybe even EVE online if it wasn't for WTM comms. Bit of stretch, but I love the chatter, breaks away from the monotony that are incursions. If it are just a few people, why not just mute those? Making a quiet room is great though, muting new people everything can be a nuisance then.

Awards

I don't think i have ever muted anyone running with WTM is just as much a social thing as a playing games thing for me.

Awards

14 hours ago, Farah Black said:

Mumble do allow you to have a sub channel that its only listed to the main fc. Alliance use it because of the same reason you have people that dont tolerate the sperge so they go to the channel name appropriately: "Quiet"

They have something like this treen

Fleet
* FC

** Loud

*** Logi

*** DPS

** Quiet

Where everything under Loud communicate true whisper to talk.

FC its priority speak guys. and whoever is talking when they are taking get muted because FC its FC.

And people in Quiet just get voice commands from FC group.

Might be some of you will recognize this structure yes am there also. 

I know what you can do in mumble, there is currently not much point doing anything new through.

Since some commanders are apparently unwilling to even try mumble properly before removing it again and wanting to go back to TS. And decisions like the would at least need a talk with council over (also we will probably never allow communicating just to your own channel for linemembers, because commanders need to be able to hear what is going on and stop certain kinds of discussions etc.). But the quiet channel would be an option and could be implemented regardless. All the other channels will be "loud" ones through. Only having a distinctions between Logi and DPS so FC/LMs can opt to only speak to one or the other.

• Like 1