Sign in to follow this  
John d'Alsace

Tip Jar For Logi?

Hi all o/

I have been flying with WTM for a couple of weeks now as my Alt Sydeo Ween.  Really enjoying the community and I am training my Main (John) into a couple of roles to help out.

One thing I was wondering, does the leadership have a position on a "tip jar" for Logi?  Since Logi have to jump through some extra hoops in order to Multi-box and the train seems a bit more involved, could/should we set up a "tip jar" account to make the role a little more lucrative for Logi pilots?

It seems there are a lot of Cons to flying Logi:

1. Long skill queue

2. Multi-box is off by default

3. Higher ship losses and the inconvenience of reshipping

4. A lot of responsibility to their fleet mates

Maybe a tip jar would help off-set these downsides and encourage Logi to x-up?

Thanks for your time o7

ps. I am training for Logi, if a Tip Jar is ever implemented, I will tip it and never accept a payout from it.

As a logi pilot I love the idea, who doesn't like more isk?  But I don't think we need to tip logi, everyone in fleet has their roles and we all do pretty well out of it.  As much as I hate to say it, we do actually need snipers and dps otherwise each site would just be a bunch of logi ships forever flying round in circles repping each other but not doing any damage.  Boosters are also handy to help keep us alive too & make the sites go quicker.   If you want to help out logi, broadcast on time, broadcast in position and if you need to ask for anything over comms we don't know who "I" is.

FC's also come in handy too.

• Upvote 1

As someone that pilots everything, i disagree. Yes the skill queue is longer than a potato newbro DPS/Sniper it is about the same as a non meta4 DPS/Sniper.

It certainly is not longer than a maxed out DPS/Sniper, There are few skills logi needs to be considered optimal, maxed.

I agree with monkey, everyone in fleet has his roles.

Every ship in fleet also has it's advantages and disadvantages, it's whatever you prefer.

Also logi ships are way cheaper. (not talking about starter ships)

I agree with monkey and Alex. It's great that we have motivated logi pilots, but I wouldn't start tipping them. No more than I would tip a VVV who is in position or an MTAC that doesn't let the tower rep. We all have our skills to reason and jobs to do. You can still praise someone for doing theirs well, or shoot them some isk directly if you like.

• Like 1

As a logi pilot I disagree, we don't need a tip jar, not like it's hard to be a logi either. lots of them just sandbag anyway. If you dont want a long skill Q why did you train for logi?

I tip logi when i do something stupid and they still keep me alive. Otherwise yeah we all fly our roles, and FC keeps our screen filled with fresh Sansha hulls to burn!