Nazeth

Standard Rattlesnake - Alternative

xVQhpMZ.png

My option have less EHP, but more DPS. 1-2 Geckos and 1 Pith-C type or Dread Guristas Adaptive Invulnerability Field should be nice improvement for standard fit. Fit cost still should be less than 1B.

• Heavy drone tracking speed increased by 42%
  • Overall DPS* increased from 1452 to 1544 with Ogre II
  • EHP Reduced from 127k to 115k with 2xAIF II
  • EM resist reduced from 79,3% to 70% with 2xAIF II
  • Thermal resist reduced from 77,7% to 71% with 2xAIF II
  • Ogre II speed reduced from 2,67k to 2,46k

*with Gecko it will be from 1430 to 1523 DPS

Edited by Nazeth

Hi!

I am a bit dizzy at the moment, but for first sight this fit is within all kind of WTM rules, so usable in fleet.
But you have to have Caldari Battleship 5 skill if you want to use it.

Edited by niki lasvegas

t0ZNdCo.png
It should be even more skill friendly :D Extra drone speed allow to maintain drone dps.

Ok. After couple of days i found some improvements. 

1. Take minimum 1 Gecko. Rattle is dedicated ship to use your personal "Vigilant". B| You must have that to improve your drone DPS vs NPCs! (it should be required on Rattlesnake) The best option is 2 Geckos against NPCs and 3 "Augmented" Ogres against Towers.
  2. T2 or Faction Target Painter is Holy Grail of your utility modules for fleet members. Take it! Faction of course! :D
  3. Large Bay Loading Accelerator II is the best rig for Gecko build.

WOW! Rattlesnake have up to 5 utility slots. Primary should be:

1. Target Painter :x
  2. Drone Navigation Computer
  3. Another Drone Navigation Computer
  4. Omnidirectional Tracking Link
  5. Another Omnidirectional Tracking Link

Omnidirectional Tracking Links should have loaded Tracking Speed Scripts. Last utility module on your ship will be replaced into Large Shield Extender* during Influence mode .

Don't forget, that Vindicator will be better choose as DPS ship (unitil VVV know what to do :P).

*or another Adaptive Invulnerability Field, if you use all 5 utility slots.

Edited by Nazeth

@Nazeth

If you look at the fitting website the progression of the Rattlesnake fits are designed to not have skill requirements aside from the advanced fit. There are lots of ways you can fit the rattlesnake, I attempted to create a cost effective logical progression.

2 hours ago, Maximus Atreide said:

@Nazeth

If you look at the fitting website the progression of the Rattlesnake fits are designed to not have skill requirements aside from the advanced fit. There are lots of ways you can fit the rattlesnake, I attempted to create a cost effective logical progression.

I saw them. Still for me better on Standard and Improved is to take Gecko, Faction TP and Loading Bay Accelerator, than buy that expensive T2 drone speed rig.

• Gecko have lower skill requirements compared to T2 Ogres with similar DPS.
  • Gecko is like 2x Ogre II boosted with 2x OTL II and 2x DNC II (or 3x T2 drone speed rigs). Just imagine how much time ogres lost to reach and miss their targets during fight :D Drones do 50% of Rattlesnake DPS. Gecko on Rattlesnake is like F1 bolid with scoped Gauss rifle (Gallente cruiser DPS and EHP) B|
  • That drone rig need extra CPU.
  • Faction TP is nice missile and fleet DPS buff.

I found that 2x BCS II, 2x DDA II and 1x C3-A BCS is better DPS composition for Standard. Still 3x C3-X BCS, 1x Faction BCS and 1x Faction DDA is the best option.

Drone Composition should be 1-2x Gecko and 3-5x Ogre II for Standard. Then 2x Gecko and 3x "Augmented" Ogre.

Logical progression should be even better:

• DPS rig will be the same.
  • Drones will be similar.
  • TP and 2x DNC will be basic utility modules.
  • 4th and 5th utility slot will be for OTL.
  • TP as his main fleet support module on every fitting stage. 
  • High potential drone DPS from start with Gecko.

Rattlesnake is 2nd the most popular DPS ship in fleet. He haven't nice sources of DPS, but that can be easy improved by up to 5 utility modules. If Standard Vindi need Faction Stasis Webifier, then Standard Rattlesnake should have Gecko and Faction TP? O.o

Edited by Nazeth

13 minutes ago, Nazeth said:

I saw them. Still for me better on Standard and Improved is to take Gecko, Faction TP and Loading Bay Accelerator, than buy that expensive T2 drone speed rig.

• Gecko have lower skill requirements compared to T2 Ogres with similar DPS.
  • Gecko is like 2x Ogre II boosted with 2x OTL II and 2x DNC II (or 3x T2 drone speed rigs). Just imagine how much time ogres lost to reach and miss their targets during fight :D Drones do 50% of Rattlesnake DPS. Gecko on Rattlesnake is like F1 bolid with scoped Gauss rifle (Gallente cruiser DPS and EHP) B|
  • That drone rig need extra CPU.
  • Faction TP is nice missile and fleet DPS buff.

I found that 2x BCS II, 2x DDA II and 1x C3-A BCS is better DPS composition for Standard. Still 3x C3-X BCS, 1x Faction BCS and 1x Faction DDA is the best option.

Drone Composition should be 1-2x Gecko and 3-5x Ogre II for Standard. Then 2x Gecko and 3x "Augmented" Ogre.

Logical progression should be even better:

• DPS rig will be the same.
  • Drones will be similar.
  • TP and 2x DNC will be basic utility modules.
  • 4th and 5th utility slot will be for OTL.
  • TP as his main fleet support module on every fitting stage. 
  • High potential drone DPS from start with Gecko.

Rattlesnake is 2nd the most popular DPS ship in fleet. He haven't nice sources of DPS, but that can be easy improved by up to 5 utility modules. If Standard Vindi need Faction Stasis Webifier, then Standard Rattlesnake should have Gecko and Faction TP? O.o

Like I said you can fit it a lot of ways but it is dependent on Caldari BS skill level. The fits are designed not to be dependent on Caldari BS skill level aside from the advanced fit.

So with rig calibration at 350 the optimal set up like most of our battleships is the T2 weapons ROF rig, and T1 EM rig. Which is why you don't want a T2 Em rig or a T1 loading bay accelerator because they would have to be ripped out to hit the advanced fit.

So looking at progression it's 2 invuls, passive em mid, t2 thermal rig. Your fit requires caldari bs trained to a minimum of level 4 to hit 69.6% rounded to 70% thermal to meet tank requirements. While the improved fit could go pith c adap and pith c em ward I am unsure as to what my reasoning was for the dual invuln fit vs the single. I think the motive may have been to push pilots towards the advanced fit with the EM rig/t2 loading bay with minimal rig swapping versus having them be complacent with the thermal rig and it has about 5k more EHP.

The C-3A was not included in any fits due to the fact that it was a limited release item.

I'm confused by your earlier statement regarding drones the Rattle has 50 bandwidth and can field 1 gecko or 2 ogres. T2 ogres are included in the fit due to the fact they are significantly less expensive then gecko's, not saying you can't use a gecko but we aim out fits for the most part to be cost effective and user friendly.

2 minutes ago, Maximus Atreide said:

Like I said you can fit it a lot of ways but it is dependent on Caldari BS skill level. The fits are designed not to be dependent on Caldari BS skill level aside from the advanced fit.

So with rig calibration at 350 the optimal set up like most of our battleships is the T2 weapons ROF rig, and T1 EM rig. Which is why you don't want a T2 Em rig or a T1 loading bay accelerator because they would have to be ripped out to hit the advanced fit.

So looking at progression it's 2 invuls, passive em mid, t2 thermal rig. Your fit requires caldari bs trained to a minimum of level 4 to hit 69.6% rounded to 70% thermal to meet tank requirements. While the improved fit could go pith c adap and pith c em ward I am unsure as to what my reasoning was for the dual invuln fit vs the single. I think the motive may have been to push pilots towards the advanced fit with the EM rig/t2 loading bay with minimal rig swapping versus having them be complacent with the thermal rig and it has about 5k more EHP.

The C-3A was not included in any fits due to the fact that it was a limited release item.

I'm confused by your earlier statement regarding drones the Rattle has 50 bandwidth and can field 1 gecko or 2 ogres. T2 ogres are included in the fit due to the fact they are significantly less expensive then gecko's, not saying you can't use a gecko but we aim out fits for the most part to be cost effective and user friendly.

• But its just for my fit. Later i talked about your fits with double invuls and EM amplifier :D I should write that... xD 
  • About Gecko and Faction TP i compared that to the cost of that T2 Drone Speed rig. Much more profits for the same cost.
  • C-3A is currently very cheap and popular item on market.
  • Rigs should be T1 EM/Thermal Screen and T2 Loading Bay Accelerator
1 minute ago, Maximus Atreide said:

Oh and it is by far not the second most popular DPS ship. Looking at the past 30 days dps ship x ups it goes

Vindi

Hype

Rokh

Napoc

Rattle

RNI

Domi

Bhaal

Barg

For me Hype and Rokh are noobships and i avoid them in my calculations :3 . At last 5 days i saw Napoc only 2 times, when rattles were most of the time. xD 
It's still strange because Bhaalgorn looks better in practice than Napoc. RNI have serious problems with Rage Torpedo Velocity and practical DPS.
Navy Battleships shouldn't be accepted until Pirate Battleship are much better and its only few days to get them from Navy ones.

CCP promised us rebalance of Navy BS. WHERE IS IT?! :D